Allpar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 Dodge Neon R/T

So I've never done it before, but I'm planning on changing my own oil pan gasket. Seems simple, get the car up on jacks, drain oil, remove pan, remove old gasket, add some silicone and new gasket, put pan back in with bolts, put in new oil, start her up and check for leaks.

First off, is it that simple? and second can I do all that without having to move the engine and or support it in some way? if i do need to move it and or support it, how is that done?

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if I left out some vital information. All I've done on cars before is brakes.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If your vehicle is equipped with the 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine, it is relatively easy.

Place front wheels on ramps to give plenty of access under the engine. Drain engine oil and remove oil filter. You do not need to remove the oil filter adapter. Remove the structural collar that attaches to the oil pan and bell housing. Remove the access panel under the engine and expose the flywheel. You do not need to remove the support bracket to the intake manifold. Remove 13 oil pan bolts.

Reverse the order for reassembly. Oil pan bolt torque is 105 inch - lbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts