Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For its 100th Anniversary, Dodge will be releasing some 100th anniversary special edition models. First out the gate will be the Charger and Challenger in January (base and R/T models). Not sure yet about any additional vehicles. No confirmed details yet, hopefully with such a milestone the packages will consist of more than just "stickers"...

·
Registered
149 Posts
are u thinking these packages will be as substantial as the Mopar editions or just gussied up interiors with special badges and stickers and wheels?

T

·
0 Posts
Since they seem to have no leader in marketing, I'm sure this too will pass with very little fanfare. In reality this IS a big milestone, just waiting to be announced, too bad it won't happen.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Wicked Viper addition to Pace the Indy500 100th.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
TripleT said:
Wicked Viper addition to Pace the Indy500 100th.
Doubt it. GM has that role locked up more than likely.

Mike

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Lets hope they do a bit more marketing of it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
One thing I've learned that you can apply to many situations, including this: If you go in expecting nothing, you can't be disappointed. This can be applied to Christmas or birthday gifts, or any other events.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
What about 2014 being the 50th anniversary of the 426 ?
That would make a nice Mopar edition for the old Challenger going out .....

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Not to be a downer, but don't expect nothing more than appearance. Remember, anything more, will cost millions in re-certification processes for everything. I would love to see HP/TQ increases, suspension tweaks, chassis tweaks, but, all we'll get is stickers. I am guessing, unique paint and stickers plus unique interior badge with ID numbers engraved.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Mike V. said:
Doubt it. GM has that role locked up more than likely.

Mike
Yeah its true, but GM ran around when only Honda's ran. I do recall a lovely GTS being the pace car once. I can only hope would be a cool 100/100 beside the fact it is a SRT now, last time it was Challenger things didn't go that well I think it is the only pace car to have wrecked

·
Registered
246 Posts
TripleT said:
Yeah its true, but GM ran around when only Honda's ran. I do recall a lovely GTS being the pace car once. I can only hope would be a cool 100/100 beside the fact it is a SRT now, last time it was Challenger things didn't go that well I think it is the only pace car to have wrecked
This would be the perfect time to drop the MY 2015 new sheet metal and engines ! THAT would make a statement in spades !

It's so sad the feds have their fingers in everything and we pay the costs thru higher prices !

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
A couple of wild 100th anniversary concept cars would be nice to see.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
And there's your answer right there in that link:

Challenger: 100th Anniversary Appearance Group (AZE) - 01/06/14 - SXT & R/T
Charger: 100th Anniversary Appearance Group (AZE) - 01/06/14 - R/T AWD & SXT RWD

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparJoe said:
by that info the shaker is 7/27/14 so that will be for the 2015 model ...
Fat lady?

Mike

·
Registered
718 Posts
30th year of minivan this year 2014. I thought maybe they should try to do something to celebrate and increase sales (like special packages). I guess they never thought of that though. Not many models can celebrate 30 years.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
  • Header Orange Clear Coat (PL4) - 09/02/13
  • Ivory Tri-Coat (PWD) - 09/02/13
  • Redline Tri-Coat Pearl (PRY) - 09/09/13
  • Customer Preferred Package (2DE) with Power Sunroof (GWA) - 10/07/13 - SXT
  • 100th Anniversary Appearance Group (AZE) - 01/06/14 - SXT & R/T
  • High Octane Red Pearl Coat (PRR) - 01/13/14
  • Shaker Package (AZS) - 07/27/14 - R/T
  • Sublime Metallic Clear Coat (PFB) - 01/27/14
what fat lady ?
what typo ?
I don't understand, I'm so confused ........

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Somebody please explain, if at all possible, the idea behind "Super 8" as it might be applied to Avenger/200...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts