Allpar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Registered
Said it for years - NASCAR, BORING...:sleep: Ever since the early 70s, I've been more than fed up with the Furd and Chivy cry-baby crap every time they were getting their butts kicked by the Hemi wing cars. Homologate - Mopar did. Get rid of the Hemi, use restrictor plates, no more wing cars, make them run with both hands tied behind their backs, wah, wah. Then it did become totally IROC. Oops! You're penalized because the spoiler you ACTUALLY BUILD is bigger than our "templates". Companies allowed to run engines they don't even build and sell to the public.
Mopar gets far better bang for their buck and exposure in NHRA, plus their great tire-smoking commercials 馃槀
Seriously hope Dodge doesn't waste it's time AND $$ again.

Registered
I heard Dave Moody on his Sirious Radio show talking about Dodge coming back weeks ago. I looked him up to try to find something in writing but found nothing. At that time he said that progress was being made and that we'd be surprised at the team(s) that would be involved.
I asked Dave Moody about what he said and he made it sound like we would be surprised at the teams that were either talked to by Dodge or interested in Dodge, not that any surprising team is actually linked to rumors, and I asked about his sources and he said they are credible and that even if it is only rumors and not solid news it can still be credible.

Valued Member
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Said it for years - NASCAR, BORING...:sleep: Ever since the early 70s, I've been more than fed up with the Furd and Chivy cry-baby crap every time they were getting their butts kicked by the Hemi wing cars. Homologate - Mopar did. Get rid of the Hemi, use restrictor plates, no more wing cars, make them run with both hands tied behind their backs, wah, wah. Then it did become totally IROC. Oops! You're penalized because the spoiler you ACTUALLY BUILD is bigger than our "templates". Companies allowed to run engines they don't even build and sell to the public.
Mopar gets far better bang for their buck and exposure in NHRA, plus their great tire-smoking commercials 馃槀
Seriously hope Dodge doesn't waste it's time AND $$ again.
Yep, I remember those days. Sometimes the winner would win by 2 or 3 laps. Only half dozen "Sponsored" teams would win all the races. The majority of the teams were private with little or no funding from anybody. I did a lot of Petty's engine dyno development at the Highland Park race dynos back in the 70's because Petty didn't have a running dyno. Nobody else but a handful of Ford & Chevy teams had that option. Yep, those were the good old days!

Registered
So Ron Capps for DSR (the last know would be mopar racer) has announced he's leaving dsr. That's gotta mean Stewart is going mopar unless mopar is getting out of the sport, DSR just has Tony Shoe which is funded by a rich family

Registered
So Ron Capps for DSR (the last know would be mopar racer) has announced he's leaving dsr. That's gotta mean Stewart is going mopar unless mopar is getting out of the sport, DSR just has Tony Shoe which is funded by a rich family
It will not be good news if DSR closes down their operation. DSR has the only Mopar backed operation that is topline & able to slug it out with John Force's team. I'm actually more distressed if DSR gets out of fielding the Challengers in FSS than I am about their Funny Car teams.

Agree that this is another indicator that Stewart will be taking over as the prime Mopar team next year.

Registered
It will not be good news if DSR closes down their operation. DSR has the only Mopar backed operation that is topline & able to slug it out with John Force's team. I'm actually more distressed if DSR gets out of fielding the Challengers in FSS than I am about their Funny Car teams.

Agree that this is another indicator that Stewart will be taking over as the prime Mopar team next year.
Don is old and it doesn鈥檛 seem like Tony wants to take over the racing business. This started in mint ion last year when Don started doing more manufacturing. Also Dodge took the top three spots in the countdown, Cruz was 3rd and did better than the force team.

Registered
According to a link on Jayski's, Tony Stewart & Leah got hitched yesterday down in Cabo San Lucas, so that part of the video where he says the Dodge deal will probably be announcedd before they get officially hitched is not an accurate prediction.:cautious:

Valued Member
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
According to a link on Jayski's, Tony Stewart & Leah got hitched yesterday down in Cabo San Lucas, so that part of the video where he says the Dodge deal will probably be announcedd before they get officially hitched is not an accurate prediction.:cautious:
Heard they are going to have a big announcement at the SEMA Show November 1-4.

Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
From a former NASCAR true booster, it has morphed into a money chasing machine.
From the Frances鈥 perspective, wasn't it always?

Move along, nothing to see here
Hmm. Google image search tells me that Fat Tony did all right.

Registered
If it is in fact SHR going, Rick Ware goes too. Front Row Motorsports pulled a stunt on 23XI earlier in the year and dissolved talks with them on selling a charter. I wonder if that might not be related. I believe they get Roush/Yates Engines.

SHR
RWR,
RFK (unlikely)
FRM?

Registered
Stuart wants out at Ford because they wouldn't let him hire Larson.

Can you give me more information on the Mopar from-the-factory Drag Car for 140 grand please? I saw it somewhere and all I got was a taste but man, go order a drag car from Chrysler? That is way cool!
I've always liked Tony Stuart. He has a passion for racing...

21 - 40 of 47 Posts