Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what, if any, other front windshields will fit in my 1978 Dodge Aspen 2 door?? Anyone know of any available, or what other ones will fit?? I found a front windshield from a 74 Dart 2 door, will that fit my car? Please help! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
36,951 Posts
The only ones that used the same widshield are Dodfge Aspen, Plymouth Volare, Chrysler LeBaron and Dodge Diplomat. And if your car is a 2 door the donor car must be as well.

·
Super Moderator
36,951 Posts
No, the 1980 was extensively changed up front. The 1980 front fenders were shared with the Dodge Diplomat (and a newly designed hood was created) where the prior years had used an Aspen/Volare specific fender. You'd pretty much have to change the whole front clip for that to work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good info.... I appreciate all of the help. Having a hard time finding some parts for this car. Still need a good headliner and a windshield. I found plenty of windshields, but no one will ship them to me.... I live in the Buffalo, NY area.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Too bad you're in NY. The Pull-A-Part yard in Nashville shows to have a 79 Aspen in the yard. I don't know if it's a two door or four door though. They don't tell you that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chuzz.... I hear ya... found plenty of windshields in other states, just no one will ship them. Found a few on ebay but will cost almost $400 for a windshield that sells for 50 bucks at a junkyard. Ugh.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
How about the 79 grille, Mark? If it would fit, I'd be happy to check it out the next time I go to Pull-A-Part. Most likely be in the next couple of weeks or so. I want to find a new rear window vent motor for my Grand Caravan. Got one that works when it's cool, but not when it gets hot.

·
Fleet Owner
1,172 Posts
Car-Part.com shows a dodge aspen 2 door windshield at Clinton auto parts in Buffalo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts