Allpar Forums banner

21 - 40 of 4357 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
cool, it really is a 2 door and not a RX-8 type deal by the looks of it eh? the only thing I'd consider changing is lowering the headlights a bit so the hood doesn't hide the top of the lights...other than that it looks gorgeous.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The concept looks reall good and I hope it is like the 05' Stang concept and it under goes really minor changes and I hope they keep the 6-spd an option and have the 4.7 there too. But congrats to Dodge on this one...its looks really good and at least they didn't fail at life like they did with the Charger. Peace

·
The NEW Chrysler's Armchair CEO
1,168 Posts
http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.jspa?for...=23431&tstart=0

Here is another forum at autoweek...it is interesting to see what non-allparians are saying about these pics

Here is one comment:

"dear god! i would almost go as far as to say the aztek has a new competitor in the ugly contest. while i'll admit muscle cars dont get me that terribly excited, just not my thing, i'm glad to see their resurgence. but c'mon... i know they can do better than this for design. it looks so incredibly unproportional in every facet! i just really hope that the production car is not quite so retro. i would truly love for the muscle car wars to be revived but please detroit dont pick up right where you left off, at least as far as styling goes. that was 30 years ago... let it die and start fresh. i would expect cues from its heritage to be in the car, sure... but i dont want it to look like a car that just got refreshed for the '76 model year. the classic's are there if you want that, please... something new. "

·
Registered
255 Posts
well unlike us, there's a lot of pessimism :p

·
Registered
255 Posts
I gotta find me a job soon! lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
What on earth... if you want a Dodge Challenger, go buy a friggin Dodge Challenger. They're out there, they've been out for 30 years. :p

·
Registered
284 Posts
What on earth... if you want a Dodge Challenger, go buy a friggin Dodge Challenger. They're out there, they've been out for 30 years. :p
yeah... and by now they're all in the same price range as a new viper :lol:

while i was never one asking for a retro remake, i must say that this car is sexy... great design for what it is... i would buy one as long as the price was decent (and insurance didnt rape me)

im hoping my stratus lasts me until im out of college... then once im in a full time job, i could afford this :)

·
Totally Spent
538 Posts
Let's see...

6.1L...check
Pistol Grip Shifter...check
Coupe...check

OK, I gotta get me one of these!!!

I now know what my next car will be...

They got it right!

Anybody who gripes deserves to own a Chevy or Ford...

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2,656 Posts
OH

MY

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's here! It exists! It's alive, and it's a 2 DOOR!!!!

I love it already. Skip the looks!

Wait, it's sexy! Oh drool.....................

I want to touch it. :) Great find hemi_magnum!

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,742 Posts
"We wanted to do a muscle coupe that connects with the American heritage," said Tom Tremont, vice president for advance product design for the Chrysler Group.

The company chose to do a two-door model because it wanted to test the flexibility of its LX platform -- the underpinning for the Chrysler 300 sedan, Charger and Dodge Magnum wagon.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0.../A01-388656.htm

All right, how do I or what is the best way to let DCX know I will buy this car?

It is amazingly close to Doug Schram's drawing...and that is GOOD.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
dont worry it will debut soon enough

·
Registered
35 Posts
They made a Challenger... that you can mistake for an original one... from the LX platform!

Wow. Just, wow.

Nothing can stop DCX.

Now GM, where's the Camaro?

T

·
0 Posts
Wow, I'm VERY suprised they went that retro. Not exactly what I was expecting, but I like it enough to make it my first new car. :D My '71 cuda is no longer safe. :ph34r:

Bravo DCX, my hat goes off to you guys.

·
Not THAT guy again!
1,099 Posts
The car looks good!

However, a little constructive criticism. The headlights need...something...maybe some mini HID's or something to "modernize" it. And, the wheels don't look right.

Now that the negatives are out of the way, the rest of the car is pure magic. Of course, I thought that about the '99 Charger concept, also...

21 - 40 of 4357 Posts