Allpar Forums banner

4341 - 4357 of 4357 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
New to the site, and was needing some help. If anyone could please let me know where I could find production numbers for 2010 Challenger R/T's by color? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, JC

·
Registered
952 Posts
It wasn't the 3.6L P-star engine that got my Challenger embarrassed at red lights. It was the 2.65 axle gearing (seriously?!) combined with the crap-tastic ratios and sloppiness of the 545RFE transmission.

If the V6 cars were available with a stick and 3.55 gears factory, like the Ford cars are, these would be fun to drive and respected on the street. But noooo... Dodge has to leave us hanging. Again.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how much "respect" I have for people in stick-shift cars on the street here, what with all the sitting in traffic and at stoplights and railroad crossings. ;)

Don't get me wrong - I'd like for everyone to have the choice of transmission they prefer. But I don't want to have to pay thousands more for my vehicle to offer it to the six or eighteen people that want it.

·
Super Moderator
37,249 Posts
The manual transmission is designed to skip gears. (shift from 1 to 4) under certain conditions. You can buy a skip shift eliminator kit.

Reactions: ptschett

·
Registered
678 Posts
The manual will make you shift 1st to 4th when you are just easing on the gas. If you give it enough throttle you can go 1st to 2nd. Try it and feel the Hemi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
^ great theme for a Canadian built car with a Mexican engine.

:)

Have you ever listened to the Springsteen's song? It is not really a song filled with national pride.
Yep " Born in the USA" not a very pro AmeriCAN song.
Outstanding that they are using "THUNDERSTRUCK" in commercial shot in Alaska with the 2017 AWD Challenger and cohorts.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Never heard of such a thing

Many thanks for your answer.
I feel better.
Yeah, Corvettes have had that feature also for quite awhile now. Not a popular feature in that crowd either. It's probably an emissions or cafe thing.

4341 - 4357 of 4357 Posts