Allpar Forums banner
41 - 60 of 4,359 Posts
So finally, you can all stop complaining about the Charger.

I love it. It looks better in the real pictures then I thought.

Wow, I'm VERY suprised they went that retro. Not exactly what I was expecting, but I like it enough to make it my first new car. :D My '71 cuda is no longer safe. :ph34r:
Bravo DCX, my hat goes off to you guys.
Retro is fine with me. The styling of the current cars being offered (including the other US and Japanese automakers) has been anywhere from bland to downright atrocious. I was beginning to wonder if the automakers were even trying anymore. This car is fantastic! I will be honest with you, I wasn't sure that Dodge had it in them anymore. I am so glad to be proven wrong.

All the Challenger needs is an open top option, and it will be perfect. Personally, I think T-Tops would look smokin' on it, but the retractable hardtop would work nicely also.

We should all probably write to Dodge to give them some praise for the Challenger. After all the well-deserved grief they received for the Charger, it would be the nice thing to do. :D

It looks just as I had expected (color aside), which is glorious. They managed the car's length (visually speaking) a lot better than the Mustang team did. It's even hotter than the '99 Charger.

But the detail I like best is the bit about the 6-speed MANUAL hooked to the 6.1.

Mmmm, pistol grip.

What do you think, Chris? June '07 or thereabouts as a MY08? Think the manual will make production?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy ____!

yeah, yeah, it could use some minor refinements, and I wasn't asking for a retro car either, but I absolutely am behind this thing and hope they build it. Any wishes for improvements I have are secondary. This thing has 2 doors, SEXY fenders, great front and rear ends, and a wonderful profile. I'll bet it's really roomy too. this is definetly a must-have and I think it looks every bit as good as a Mustang. With 425 hp and a 6-speed manual, I think we're ready to take on Ford on its own terms.

found this quote from Detnews interesting:

"The company chose to do a two-door model because it wanted to test the flexibility of its LX platform -- the underpinning for the Chrysler 300 sedan, Charger and Dodge Magnum wagon."

uh, yeah, thanks, folks. not to mention there's a bunch of us who've been writing you and begging you to make it...

Yes. Because they are one in the same vehicle.
That argument always slays me.

It does look awesome though. I'm very very surprised.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Question? The '70 is the icon of the series? Am I wrong or did the series only run a few years, like 70-74, and have only one basic style? Or are they counting other cars from the 80's that might have carried the name that I am unaware of?

Dodge needs this car. It will give them a car that appeals to hot rodders, but is also very affordable. I'm thinking 6 cyl, R/T V-8 and Hemi V-8, topped off with, dare I say it, the Challenger Hemi SRT-8. That'll make a Honda spit rice and crawl off to the corner to cower!

Wow, this looks good! Good enough to build, that's for sure. I would make a few minor changes. (This is meant as constructive criticism, not complaining.)

First, I'd lengthen the nose a bit and recess the grille more....and probably drop the crosshair. If a crosshair is required for family identity, I'd incorporate it in the air intake under the bumper.

Second, I'd change the taillights to look more like the '70 with the backup light in the middle. Just personal preference.

Third, I'd lower the beltline a bit (too LX-like) and give it more glass.

I love the power bulge hood and the promise of at least two Hemi V8s to choose from makes this a winner. Let's hope they actully offer a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission too (and not just on the V6 model).

Hope they price it in Mustang territory $19K base - $40K for the SRT-8.

Can a convertible be far behind?

I will be a mild skeptic then...someone has to

As far as the engine, transmission etc... cant complain

The styling, there are some parts I like and some I do not.
The picture from the rear looks pretty good
But i am not sure of the picture from the front
I am not fond of the angle the front takes. The front (windshield forward, not the grille) looks weak to me.
The wheel wells also look weak. I do not like the lack of fender "lips".

I can easily see how someone can say it looks TOO retro. There is not enough modern ques to let a normal person know that this is not an old car with new wheels.

I am not saying I hate it by any means. I just didnt go WOW right away. Hopefully some better pics with better lighting can help clear up any "problems" I have with it.

Sorry... you can commence flaming me now :)

A plum endorsement from Plum now DCX can build it. :lol:

...please pass the blow torch for DOC. ;)
lol

Does anyone know why the "shortened wheelbase" is only 4" shorter?
I would have thought it have been closer to 110"

Dont worry about it D0C...someone has to maintain some semblance of taste and decorum......now pass the Handi-wipes please, it's a mess in here.

:lol:

Best as always....
lol - thats nasty
Bob - your post just confirmed you are all knowing... you quoted me from the future (look at the time of quote)

Well, now I am leaning back towards DCX for my next car, again. Their decision not to figure out a way to mate a manual trans. with the HEMI was killing me. Love the styling, for the most part. I like the nice clean look, but the back seems a bit to bland, or something. Maybe a small low-profile spoiler would fix that. In any case, well done!

I wonder if this will be priced above, below or on par with the Charger. :huh:

Here are some opinions from the folks over at GMInsideNews

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthr...?threadid=22971

With the exception of one dude, it appears to be overwhelmingly positive over there.

They are hoping that the Challenger and Mustang convince Chevy to release a new Camaro. So am I. Can't wait for the magazine comparo test of all 3 cars. :rolleyes: B)

I thought this should go in the spy pic section, but felt it would get more exposure here. imo, i really like it and the color, but when i saw the rear end at first glance, although for some reason the first thing the popped into my head was concorde/lhs. I dont know how accurate these are, but since it's autoweek, I felt they were a good source, so without further ado, I give you the Dodge Challenger... :D B)

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629
Do not change the rear deck single-taillamp treatment. It rocks. Now if they only use LEDs under that lense that would be too cool at night.

41 - 60 of 4,359 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.