Allpar Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 4357 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think we will see alot of the Airflite design cues make it's way into the next Sebring.
good.... i saw pics of the Airflite earlier today in this thread.. i'd forgotten how nice it looked.... i really like the front end...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Go here for a write up on the Sebring

http://www.allpar.com/model/stratus01.html

There is a 2007 Chrysler Sebring sedan rendering there. You can see some airflite touches...I think it looks great.
read that before.. ive been a member here for a while, just dont post often... ive been on Stratusphere for like 3 years, and Caster keeps us pretty up to date...

but back on topic of challenger, i'll just have to see what i need from vehicles when it is produced... if i can get away with owning a RWD V8 coupe at the age of 22-23, i might consider it...

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,933 Posts
So FreeLantz, to get on this waiting list do I have to put a deposit or can I just call up my local dealer and say "put me on this list."

If I start saving now...maybe I will be able to affor it next year!
Well at this point there is no reason for us to take deposits. I created a database in our system where we can log names and phone numbers of potential Challenger buyers now, and in the coming months when Dodge announces production of the car, we will contact them again. Only once the car is "for sure" being built will we collect deposits on them.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
It amazes me how much more magazine coverage the Challenger is getting then the Camaro. Maybe bcuz the Challenger is seen as more production ready, I don't know.

BTW, let everyone know what was more popular. Autoblog.com poll

Chrysler did a very calculated media push with the Challenger to make sure it would be on the cover of magaznes by the time the car was unveiled in Detroit. In order to do this, you have to work with magazines months in advance.

GM did it the old the fashioned way: They made an attempt to completely conceal the car and it didnt work. Nevertheless, the Camaro will get its time in the sun sometime in February or March.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the info...now I just need 1k and I am in. :D
I'm just as excited to get this car, but I am weary of putting money down before negotiating anything. Especially if it is limited production, I would expect to see over invoice pricing initially (unfortunately :angry: ). What happens if the price they offer is ridiculous, can you get your $1000 back? Seems a bit strange to me.

·
Allparian Ambassador
217 Posts
I'm just as excited to get this car, but I am weary of putting money down before negotiating anything. Especially if it is limited production, I would expect to see over invoice pricing initially (unfortunately :angry: ). What happens if the price they offer is ridiculous, can you get your $1000 back? Seems a bit strange to me.
I assume you mean over "sticker", not invoice. You won't find a dealer in this plane of existance that'll sell you one for invoice. As far as putting down a deposit on one, either work with a dealer you can trust or negotiate a percentage over invoice or sticker that you can live with.

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
Boy, was the Challanger Secret !

HA! :lol:

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,735 Posts
Ahhh, Morning Challenger Thoughts with Coffee.

Dave: I really dig the Challenger article page and consider it THE source. The text is getting chunky ohh so much good stuff to read. Would you please give us a few words when you update the page on what the updates are?

I now have every February magazine issue. It feels like Christmas morning. Still waiting on a magazine full flogging at the proving ground.

When will the ?Bob, its official now? announcement come?

Where will the concept tour next thing? We need like concert tour days for this baby listed.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
It amazes me how much more magazine coverage the Challenger is getting then the Camaro. Maybe bcuz the Challenger is seen as more production ready, I don't know.

BTW, let everyone know what was more popular. Autoblog.com poll
It is ,was just in the grocery store tonight and it's on the cover of most of the major car mags. If I can get one for like MPH magazine says at $28000 I'll be first in line . Chrysler is to far along with this to not produce it at this point . As the saying goes , "build it and they will come" !!!!

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,735 Posts
Over at http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/index.html they have a schdule listed, but some of the days overlap, and nothing says when any of the cars will be there. I hope some better information comes out. I need to see this in person.

Looks like Atlanta 4/29 - 5/4/06 for me since I don't get back from Korea untill late April. What an apearence at Carilse?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Anyone else not all that impressed with the new pistol grip? I think the aluminum is nice, but instead of a pistol grip it makes me think more of a.... umm.... sex toy. And while sex toys may have their place, mounted on my trannys shift mechanism just isn't one of them. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone else not all that impressed with the new pistol grip? I think the aluminum is nice, but instead of a pistol grip it makes me think more of a.... umm.... sex toy. And while sex toys may have their place, mounted on my trannys shift mechanism just isn't one of them. :)
The wanted it to look more like a grip from a more modern pistol (glock, etc.) ;)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yaa, I read that too... There are plenty of modern pistols with a thumb rest and finger grips. A rectangular shaft with smoothed off corners just doesn't work for me. Another case of inappropriate naming. i.e. They shouldn't have called it a pistol grip.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yaa, I read that too... There are plenty of modern pistols with a thumb rest and finger grips. A rectangular shaft with smoothed off corners just doesn't work for me. Another case of inappropriate naming. i.e. They shouldn't have called it a pistol grip.
Technically it is still a pistol grip, just a different variety than the original, besides I'm sure if they do make a 6-speed Chally that there will be aftermarket old school pistol grips

You can get a better looke at the pistol grip in the video on edmunds at around the 5:20 mark:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...eline.promo.7.*

1441 - 1460 of 4357 Posts