Allpar Forums banner

Dodge Challenger

1M views 4K replies 273 participants last post by  Dave Z 
#1 ·
I thought this should go in the spy pic section, but felt it would get more exposure here. imo, i really like it and the color, but when i saw the rear end at first glance, although for some reason the first thing the popped into my head was concorde/lhs. I dont know how accurate these are, but since it's autoweek, I felt they were a good source, so without further ado, I give you the Dodge Challenger... :D B)

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629

#11 ·
Only that they hopefully don't touch anything and build it JUST like that. 6.1 and 6-speed. The whole lot!

Hopefully it can pass emissions...lol

#15 ·
meh, Dodge did their best with this one, and plus, it's STILL a concept only for now. So I guess we'll have to wait until January to find out...

#21 ·
cool, it really is a 2 door and not a RX-8 type deal by the looks of it eh? the only thing I'd consider changing is lowering the headlights a bit so the hood doesn't hide the top of the lights...other than that it looks gorgeous.

#22 ·
The concept looks reall good and I hope it is like the 05' Stang concept and it under goes really minor changes and I hope they keep the 6-spd an option and have the 4.7 there too. But congrats to Dodge on this one...its looks really good and at least they didn't fail at life like they did with the Charger. Peace

#23 ·
http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.jspa?for...=23431&tstart=0

Here is another forum at autoweek...it is interesting to see what non-allparians are saying about these pics

Here is one comment:

"dear god! i would almost go as far as to say the aztek has a new competitor in the ugly contest. while i'll admit muscle cars dont get me that terribly excited, just not my thing, i'm glad to see their resurgence. but c'mon... i know they can do better than this for design. it looks so incredibly unproportional in every facet! i just really hope that the production car is not quite so retro. i would truly love for the muscle car wars to be revived but please detroit dont pick up right where you left off, at least as far as styling goes. that was 30 years ago... let it die and start fresh. i would expect cues from its heritage to be in the car, sure... but i dont want it to look like a car that just got refreshed for the '76 model year. the classic's are there if you want that, please... something new. "

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.