Allpar Forums banner

Dodge Charger AWD Sport "Quick Spin" - Autoblog

1924 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  DDakRT
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Say no to kool-aid
Joined
·
1,419 Posts
mentalicca said:
And apparent the R/T AWD Sport now has an 8 speed transmission... sounds like they reviewed an SXT.
Naw, I think they did review the R/T and just didn't realize it still has the 5 spd. Easy enough, if you don't know what to look for to get the transmission wrong, harder to get the engine and badging wrong.

For some reason, I was left feeling they were also commenting on a past review of the SXT in addition the R/T, and that it was just poorly written and failed to make that distinction clear.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
bumonbox said:
Naw, I think they did review the R/T and just didn't realize it still has the 5 spd. Easy enough, if you don't know what to look for to get the transmission wrong, harder to get the engine and badging wrong.

For some reason, I was left feeling they were also commenting on a past review of the SXT in addition the R/T, and that it was just poorly written and failed to make that distinction clear.
I'm betting they reviewed the SXT. If you look at the pictures in the article, the car pictured doesn't have any HEMI or R/T badging on it, and every AWD R/T I've seen has the Hemi Badge on the fender.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
That would hilarious if they confused the Pentastar for the HEMI!!!!!

EDIT: I actually read the review they keep switching between the Charger AWD Sport and the AWD R/T, it is very confusing and poorly written, but the exterior photos are of the V6, the interior photos are of the V8, though.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,419 Posts
vipermoon64 said:
That would hilarious if they confused the Pentastar for the HEMI!!!!!

EDIT: I actually read the review they keep switching between the Charger AWD Sport and the AWD R/T, it is very confusing and poorly written, but the exterior photos are of the V6, the interior photos are of the V8, though.
Apparently the writer edited the article after getting heckled in the comments section :rolleyes:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
mentalicca said:
Apparently the writer edited the article after getting heckled in the comments section :rolleyes:
It has been corrected. And the pictures are press photos from Chrysler, not the actual car they tested.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top