Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So every Saturday morning I watch Motorweek on PBS. Today they presented their best cars of 2013. They named the Dart as their best compact car of 2013. This is Great News!

I haven't personally driven the car but most people seem to really like the car. I think that as more positive reviews keep coming out, the car will increase in sales. It's had a slow start but I think it'll become a hit...in time.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Woo hoo

·
Administrator
35,258 Posts
I think they're also working on improving the Dart in little ways as production continues... the Limited I drove this week was more comfortable than the Darts I've driven before.

I found the 2.0 to be a good engine iwth the automatic, though standing starts are not thrilling, it's got more than enough pep for other situations.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Motorweek is a source that doesn't rely on advertising in the same way other shows/magazines do. So I would consider this a very major compliment.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
From the CGLLC Blog:
The 2013 Dodge Dart Scores Again
by Jen Herman
February 8, 2013 3:03 PM

The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart has captured its 27th award since its introduction. The latest award comes from MotorWeek. Television's longest-running automotive series named the Dodge Dart the best compact car of 2013. The announcement came at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show. MotorWeek called the Dart “the perfect mix of Italian flair and American ingenuity.”

MotorWeek road-tested the 2013 Dodge Dart and noted that the Dart “trumps other compacts with lots of high-tech features like a configurable Thin Film Transistor gauge panel, available heated steering wheel and keyless entry, a huge touch screen navigation system and an enormous glove-box, as well as under-seat storage up front.”

MotorWeek concluded by saying “the 2013 Dodge Dart does indeed hit the bull's-eye...dead center.” Those are just some of the reasons MotorWeek awarded the 2013 Dodge Dart best compact.

MotorWeek also took notice of three other Chrysler Group LLC models. The Ram 1500, Fiat 500 and SRT Viper also earned MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Awards.
Ram 1500: Best Pickup Truck
Fiat 500 Abarth: Best Sport Coupe
SRT Viper: Best Dream Machine

An episode of MotorWeek featuring all of its Drivers' Choice Award winners is currently scheduled to air beginning Feb. 9 on PBS and Feb. 19 on Discovery's Velocity Network.

See below for a complete list of accolades given to the 2013 Dodge Dart.

Kelley Blue Book: Top 10 Cars of the 2012 Detroit Auto Show
AutoWeek: Editors' Choice Award/Most Significant Vehicle at 2012 NAIAS
Complex Media: The 25 Most Anticipated Cars of 2012
Vanity Fair Magazine: Seven Hottest New Cars at the 2012 NAIAS
AutoTrader.com: Eight Great American Cars to Spend a Tax Refund On
Greater Atlanta Automotive Media Association: Most Significant Vehicle at Atlanta International Auto Show
WardsAuto Magazine: Ward's 10 Best Interiors for 2012
Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA): Compact Car of Texas
Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA): Best Value
Consumer Guide Automotive: 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000
Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com: 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000
Total Car Score: Top 10 New Cars for 2013
Washington Post: Most Important new Cars for 2013 List
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: 2012 Top Safety Pick
Maxim Magazine RMP Awards: Best Italian Car Disguised as a U.S. Family Car 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000
Ruedas ESPN: Best Sedan / 2012 Ruedas ESPN Awards
Made in the USA Foundation: 2012 Made in the USA Hall of Fame Awards
Hispanic Motor Press Awards: 2013 Hispanic Motor Press Award for Compact Car
Earth, Wind & Power Blogazine: 2013 Most Earth-Friendly Car of the Year
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: 2013 Top Safety Pick
FAMA Magazine Autos Awards: 2013 Small Car of the Year
The Car Book: 2013 Best Bets
Green Car Journal: Top 5 Green Cars for 2013
Motoring 2013 (Canadian TV): Best Compact Domestic Family Car
AutoTrader.com: Must Test Drive Vehicle for 2013

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Motorweek does a consistently excellent job in their reviews. I have watched it since the show started in 1980(?), and they are fair, unbiased and focused on what real world drivers are interested in, (user friendliness, economy, style, handling), as opposed to pushing their own automotive agenda or preferences. Always a 'go to' place for info.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Amen to that!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
I think they're also working on improving the Dart in little ways as production continues... the Limited I drove this week was more comfortable than the Darts I've driven before.

I found the 2.0 to be a good engine iwth the automatic, though standing starts are not thrilling, it's got more than enough pep for other situations.
This is absolutely true! Between the updated programming for the 1.4 and the very consistent improvement of fit and finish, the Dart just keeps getting better.

I just feel that without the GT and other future models they are leaving a lot on the table. They need the 2.4 in the car first of all and the Mopar 13 should be a GT, not a limited.

Remember the pic of the dashboard I sent ya when the demo units first came out? The fitment of the trim on that panels is much better now for instance.

Mike

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Motor Week/Auto Week have always been prederes reads over the other guys...who's names I no longer care to mention.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,932 Posts
willy said:
Re Motor Week.... fair...unbiased...focused...everything which Car And Driver and Motor Trend aren't.
I agree.

I had the pleasure of meeting John Davis at a Dodge press event many years ago, and among the "big name" journalists he is one of the nicest, most down to earth people you will ever come across.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
We test drove a Dart today, a 1.4 with DDCT. It was really nice. I might be editing my sig line below in a month or two.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
What were your impressions of the DCT? Did you notice if anything has changed in the programming of that unit? I'm asking specifically about the presumably long and slow shifting times.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
RVC said:
What were your impressions of the DCT? Did you notice if anything has changed in the programming of that unit? I'm asking specifically about the presumably long and slow shifting times.
RVC,

Sorry, this was my first test drive. I thought shifting was fine. I was very impressed with the suspension and the interior.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dart is a great little car. The interior really sold me, as did the "lawnmower" engine after I cracked jokes about it to the salesman. This was back in July and I've wanted one since. Still waiting to see what other drivelines come out, like a larger turbo mill, something like 230-250hp even, and I'm game.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
scatpack_69 said:
Dart is a great little car. The interior really sold me, as did the "lawnmower" engine after I cracked jokes about it to the salesman. This was back in July and I've wanted one since. Still waiting to see what other drivelines come out, like a larger turbo mill, something like 230-250hp even, and I'm game.
Agreed, that's the only thing that I'm waiting for too, is something a bit faster than what it has now.

I love the rest of the car.

Reactions: scatpack_69
1 - 20 of 34 Posts