Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I've been following this site for years now (around 5) but just decided to join today because what I saw on the highway. Earlier this morning I was traveling down I-94 around Albion, Michigan and I saw a Dart approaching from behind that had red stripes on it I have yet to see one with stripes so I was kind of curious. I let the two gentleman pass me so I could check the rear out and from my surprise it had an SRT-4 badge from that moment I followed the two for 40mi until they exited the highway and stopped at a Denny's in Kalamazoo. Maybe I've missed something but I thought the SRT-4 was delayed? What I also noticed is that the car had a regular license plate and not manufacturer plates. So could anyone help me out?

Pics supplied sorry they aren't the best pics I was driving and trying to take pics yeah I know not safe!

dodgedart.jpg

Didn't know the pic would come out that small hopefully you could click it and zoom in!! If not I don't know how to do it...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
It still has the 1.4T MultiAir Turbo badge on it...

Obvious upbadge is obvious

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I gotta call it a fake by somebody. Didnt SRT drop the use of numbers on the new models? Isnt that a Demon sticker on the left side?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John Rogers said:
Is that also a Demon decal on back? Probably some dude "up-badging".
John Rogers said:
Is that also a Demon decal on back? Probably some dude "up-badging".
Yes it was lol
Lol thanks everyone I was just making sure I kind of thought it was too...someone can close the thread..

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Yeah, that's a SRT4 badge from a Caliber SRT4

·
Registered
396 Posts
If it had manufactures plates on it, I would definitely be freaking out.

But normal plates = upbadging. His wife probably drives a crv with a type r badge lol

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Oh yea and welcome to Allpar!!!

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
fenderbass said:
If it had manufactures plates on it, I would definitely be freaking out.

But normal plates = upbadging. His wife probably drives a crv with a type r badge lol
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I've seen that Dart before. Very obvious up badge.

It would just say SRT now, no number of cylinders.

·
Premium Member
20,079 Posts
But if it were real or testing, wouldn't it just be muled with the best disguise ever? What better way to be able to test without everyone trying to get pictures and stuff by simply cloaking the car with old badges.

Question: Were the two guys young, or middle-aged gentlemen?

·
Premium Member
20,079 Posts
How do we know for sure? New company and new direction, right?

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
HAHAHA. It's the same black Rallye that that somebody had at CEMA... It's got a stock 1.4 and DDCT trust me...

·
Premium Member
20,079 Posts
So mystery solved.

Was hoping at least someone had transplanted a 2.4 turbo into one, just because they could.

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,735 Posts
Really Dart owners, please please leave Demon decals off your vehicle. At least till Dodge builds a Dart worthy...they let Dodge put 'em on.

*please spare me the Slant Six Demon lesson*

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
I saw a Dart the other day with a HEMI badge on it!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've got one of those badges sitting on my desk (was going to put it on my old SRT4). Should find a home for it one of these days.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts