Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to say that I love my Dart but I still HAVEN'T gotten it yet after 2 months when i was told a month. My cousin and I ordered ours two weeks apart and she's had hers for a month now!!!! They keep telling me it's because of the color I ordered which was BLACK!!! How in the world is a black paint job holding up my car this long? Then I try to get Dodge to locate where it is and they have no clue where it is!? I'm about to be done with this car deal and go somewhere else and get a new car if someone doesn't tell me where my car is and when it's going to be here. Cause come Monday evening I will be looking at a different brand!!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
As many Darts as there are now your dealer should be able to find you one that matches what you are looking for. It's easy for a paint to hold up a car if a supplier isn't producing the paint that is needed. There are ways to escalate things with Dodge to figure out what is going on.... I'm sure somebody on here can help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have tried to locate one just like I ordered but there isn't one within 150 miles. Just tired of the run around by the dealership and Dodge. Can't anyone give me a straight answer. Just tell me the truth about my car and I would be good and understanding but when I get 3 different stories about it just makes me mad at this point. I really really this car too!

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
What did you order?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the Dart Rallye. Yes I have tried that link and it's been in shipment status since the 13th of this month and still no clue where it is.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I ordered the Dart Rallye. Yes I have tried that link and it's been in shipment status since the 13th of this month and still no clue where it is.
What dealer did you order it from? (city and state) Ill try and see if I can figure out where its at. Also if you have the VIN, what engine and transmission combo and seat color you ordered that would be helpful

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's headed to Charleston, S.C.
Tracking Number (VIN): DD153540

Tires/Wheels
17X7.5 Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels
225/45R17 All Season Tires
Additional Features/Packages
Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth
Popular Equipment Group
Manuf Statement of Origin
8.4" Uconnect Touchscreen Group
LED "Racetrack" Taillamps
Other(s)
50 State Emissions
Customer Preferred Package 24T
Powertrain
2.0L I4 DOHC Engine
6-Speed Automatic Transmission

PITCH Black Clear Coat
Premium Cloth w/Accents Seats
Black/Lt. Diesel Gray

·
Administrator
35,230 Posts
Hurrah!

One of the problems of ordering cars is that rail shipment is so haphazard. They have to collect enough cars for a full sized train (since you wouldn't want to pay for more locomotives or drivers), so stuff just sits around in the yards. Remember East of Eden? Just be glad you're not shipping lettuce packed in ice.

I am perpetually pissed off at rail companies for not doing more to be competitive with trucks.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
Apparently there is still a shortage of vehicle-hauling rail cars as well. There's a huge intermodal facility near me in West Chicago specifically for vehicle shipping - and it's very full.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
It's headed to Charleston, S.C.
Tracking Number (VIN): DD153540

Tires/Wheels
17X7.5 Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels
225/45R17 All Season Tires
Additional Features/Packages
Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth
Popular Equipment Group
Manuf Statement of Origin
8.4" Uconnect Touchscreen Group
LED "Racetrack" Taillamps
Other(s)
50 State Emissions
Customer Preferred Package 24T
Powertrain
2.0L I4 DOHC Engine
6-Speed Automatic Transmission

PITCH Black Clear Coat
Premium Cloth w/Accents Seats
Black/Lt. Diesel Gray
Looks like your car will be delivered on 10/1/12. Its already in SC.

Current
Unloaded From Railcar 09/26/2012 03:44 PM EDT Dixiana, SC

Future
Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 10/01/2012 12:01 AM EDT Rick Hendrick Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
Charleston, SC

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Using a tool your dealer should know how to use and their managers should have access to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Moparian, I guess your info wasn't correct either. The car still isn't here and they wanted to drive it over a 100 miles to me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well Moparian, I guess your info wasn't correct either. The car still isn't here and they wanted to drive it over a 100 miles to me.
It looks pretty spot on to me. The delivery date was a predicted date (which is why it says 12:01 AM for a delivery time), and they apparently had some issues with making the last leg of the trip. According to Google Maps, Dixiana to Charleston is about 100 miles.

·
Super Moderator
31,978 Posts
Just a thought: sometimes dealers intercept each others' cars, your dealer won't tell you that another dealer bid it out from under him, and he'll scramble to get a similarly-equipped car from somewhere else. That could explain this discrepancy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I know where it's at now and after this morning at the dealership it's on a flatbed headed to me and will not be driven here. I will never deal with Dodge ever again after this complete mess. You would think they would treat employes better than this crap!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Maybe they should do what Chevy did with Southern Pacific (I think) and the Nova: build a special autorack and pack 'em in vertically :-O
I don't think it's Dodge's fault, you might just be dealing with a bad dealer. It's like saying McDonalds is bad (not that I'm saying that it isn't...) because the restaurant you visited wasn't clean.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Well I know where it's at now and after this morning at the dealership it's on a flatbed headed to me and will not be driven here. I will never deal with Dodge ever again after this complete mess. You would think they would treat employes better than this crap!!
What does that have to do with the Dodge brand, or the treatment of employees?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts