Allpar Forums banner

Dodge Goblin ????????

8K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Charger Red 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I suspect Eddie is having a little fun. As to whether or not the last of the Special cars is a Charger or Challenger, we can't say 100% for sure, can we?
Dodge likes to stir the pot with these ads: The more people that make a guess, or assume they know about one their new vehicles - the more interest there is. Marketing 101.

Truth be told, and it should really be obvious, it's a Diplomat.

#6 ·
I know this will anger some on here, but I wish they would get these last damn models launched and move on. It reminds me of yet another fast and furious movie. Sorry guys, but there are people that have no interest in these rich boy toys. I wish they would show as much interest in their real long term products as they do these. They might just have more customers and better quality all around. Rant over.

#15 ·
I don't know about this.
Food for thought: Taking the business case approach, how many times have we been told that it's not economically feasible to have to test/recertify a limited production run vehicle? All the crap we've been seeing in these "hurry-up and dislocate your elbow reaching for your wallet" last call editions are mostly paint/trim re-combinations. I wouldn't trust this organization one bit in spending as little as possible to make really stupid people react in separating themselves from their money.
The upside (and hope) would be if we are seeing a truly significant change we would then expect to see a continuation of some sort based on the money spent on recertification. This again would be a vote against the marketeer manipulators because what we will be seeing soon as a Last Call really wouldn't be, would it?

#20 ·
Reminds me of the Durango SRT owners who are suing Dodge because Dodge said "we're only making X number of these" and to this day they are actually still making them. :LOL:

#24 ·
I’m betting this last “Last Call” is a drag strip special that isn’t street legal. It’s the only way a small run with a lot more power/performance makes sense. The cost of certification would be way too high. My guess is higher boost and the latest 140 mph clue is trap speed. Just my $.02

Reactions: Charger Red
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.