Allpar Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I used a 200 as a rental while the Magnum was being repaired, and the 2.4 motor was perfectly adequate for the car. I would like to have tried the 6 cylinder version, I bet it's a rocket!
I rented a brand new 200 on a trip to Daytona Beach in 2016. It performed so well and was so smooth that I thought it had the 3.6, but I opened the hood and it had the 2.4. It wasn't particularly spacious but it was fine.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I would expect lots of torque steer in the FWD V6 200. Reviews pegged it at mid to high 5 second 0-60 times. Only 1/2 second slower (give or take) than the R/T charger (or 300 Hemi). They were deceptively quick sedans.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I enjoyed the set-up in the JEEP COMPAS with autistic, especially on the twisty country club roads at work. One thing commonly complained about was the CVT feel (slipping trans-clutch); I had to train the guys on how those worked and most of the complaining stopped; I wished that they had gotten the more improved version (JATCOII) for our consumption.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I am sure the 200 V6 in the AWD configuration was a real nice and fast drive... would think it is a “true gem“ to have one now...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Wasn't this supposed to be a Charger SUV with a HEMI? Now it's a fwd with a small motor? This sounds like a total disappointment but I also don't believe the rumors anymore.

·
Registered
14,063 Posts
Wasn't this supposed to be a Charger SUV with a HEMI? Now it's a fwd with a small motor? This sounds like a total disappointment but I also don't believe the rumors anymore.
If it is a Dodge version of the Alfa Tonale, then it is going to be approximately the size of a Compass.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Unless it has been under development alongside the stretched and widened susw4×4/evo using Jeep Comnander(which was in any case speculated as a mexico built dodge journey replacement.) It could well be IF the 7 seat capable Jeep Commander is also destined for Europe alongside the tonale and hornet(?) at Pomigliano and not just latam and india/rhd markets.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is on the next iteration of SUSW. This should feature new GSE engines (1.5l 4 cylinder engine) + the 2.0l 4 Cylinder GME (First SUSW related vehicles with those engines).
The Alfa Tonale is expected to have a lenghth of about 450 cm. The Jeep Compass has a length of 439 cm. I expect the Tonale to be a little wider than the Compass as well.
So my guess for the size of the new Dodge "Hornet" would be slightly bigger in every way compared to the Jeep Compass with much more powerfull engines and very much developed first and foremost for on road performance.

The "Charger" SUV is in development together with the next generation Charger and Challenger. I'm very suprised i haven't seen anything from this program on Allpar yet. In other places i've seen the program name mentioned a couple of months ago. We'll see how reliable that info is.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I believe in the article the author was hoping.fod the 2.0T but a smaller 4 had been confirmed.

This.doesnt make sense for.Dodge to me...but what do I know. I'm just the demographic they are supposedly after...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I am sure the 200 V6 in the AWD configuration was a real nice and fast drive... would think it is a “true gem“ to have one now...
I have occasionally shopped for a good used 200 or avenger, but they are popular around here and only the beat up ones seem to come up, with a rare one from an older person that's in great shape. I plan to retire the magnum and would like an avenger or 200 for a daily driver.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm not holding my breath on anything. I've been hearing about refreshes, new platforms, old platforms and soon to come new products for about 4 years now and I've seen nothing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I believe in the article the author was hoping.fod the 2.0T but a smaller 4 had been confirmed.

This.doesnt make sense for.Dodge to me...but what do I know. I'm just the demographic they are supposedly after...
I suspect the Hornet is meant to be a hot hatch compact CUV, a entry level performance, why does this not fit Dodge. To me, this is exactly what Dodge needs. All performance ICE Dodges do not have to have a Hemi.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I suspect the Hornet is meant to be a hot hatch compact CUV, a entry level performance, why does this not fit Dodge. To me, this is exactly what Dodge needs. All performance ICE Dodges do not have to have a Hemi.
Actually they all do have to have a Hemi as a option.

I look forward to a 1 second 0-60 time lol

Buy the way, i am not the only guy who thinks that four cylinders generally sound like trash

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think Giorgio is too expensive, otherwise it would have already been used for a Dodge. It has been made clear, it is an Alfa and Maserati only platform.

As for CUSW, they already made an Ottimo Cross, but never sold it as a Dart.

Dart had an even worse wrong engines problem than Caliber. The premium only 1.4T wasn't right for an economy model. Both Giorgio and CUSW were too big for a Caliber replacement. SUSW would have been better, but now I am glad we don't have to look to Fiat for a platform.

I think it can actually be argued Caliber didn't have a wrong engines problem, it had a wrong transmissions problem, and it lacked a 230 HP 2.0T running on regular. A 5 or 6 speed auto with all engines would have done wonders.

148 HP 5 sp manual only
158 HP CVT or 5 sp manual
172 HP CVT or 5 sp manual
285 HP 6 sp manual
And why did Caliber have so many engine options? Spent so much money on waaay too many configurations.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts