Allpar Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
MoPaR oR No CaR
1,068 Posts
John Rogers said:
Interesting, I knew AllPar Truth Sleuthers would come through. Why are some writers still so quick to "diss" The Big Three?

My 2009 tail lamps were straight. Seems like all the Challengers on the lot Friday had the Retro Tail Lamp Alignment Package.
John, do you have a pic of that Retro Tail Lamp feature?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Dave said:
Quality is not measured by this survey.

Satisfaction is, and we don't know how they measure satisfaction.

I am guessing that public perception is the main thing they're measuring. In that case it would make sense.
Satisfaction is an emotion and you cannot measure emotions in a meaningful way; and a multiple choice telephone survey is not a meaningful way.

Public perception is even more nebulous than satisfaction, therefore this survey is bird cage liner.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If the alignment of the fuel tank door on my Dart is any indication of larger issues, Dodge is in some serious trouble. That being said, there isn't one single squeak or rattle inside the car at all, and I only found one interior trim piece (C-pillar cover, driver side) not attached fully. But that fuel tank door, what a joke. Worst snap-fit design I have ever seen, a gap big enough to fit my finger into that gets worse after driving for a while as the wind has a chance to get behind it. I have an appt with the dealer next week to have it addressed, but I am not expecting much.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
Methodology: The August 2013 ACSI report on automobiles is based on interviews with 4,078 customers, chosen at random and contacted via telephone and email between April 6 and May 22, 2013. Customers were asked to evaluate their recent purchase and experiences with automobiles manufactured by the largest companies in terms of market share, plus an aggregate category consisting of “all other” and thus smaller auto nameplates.

So, they called a bunch of new car buyers only a short-time after purchase. Much of this reflects the dealer experience from the sale, especially if there were no quality issues.

Call the exact same sampling in another 2 years and let's rework those rankings!
How does that make things any better? If people aren't happy with their dealer then they are likely to go elsewhere. If people are happy with their dealer, they will stick with them. Hate to say it, but Toyota/Honda dealers that I deal with are much more pleasant and happy for your business than the GM/Ford/Chrysler dealers I deal with.

·
Premium Member
20,123 Posts
That's where management and the owners need to get involved to make the buying experience better.

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
Paul J. Reed said:
If I knew how to attach pics here I would.... I only get a box asking for a URL.
Upload the picture to Flickr or Photobucket

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,128 Posts
During 2009 Chrysler almost disappeared, there were supplier "part shortages" and vehicle delivery issues. If Chrysler were at the top of its game I would not have purchased my Challenger because its fit and finish was a lesser quality than the 1990 MOPARS I had owned. Lifetime warranty, low price and the fact that It could have been my last new MOPAR were deciding factors. I think this period still haunts the company. I have to say the new vehicles on the dealers lots look much better.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts