Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be looking into a new caravan for my wife, I have a question, is th Journey the same van as the Grand caravan with the exception the Grand is longer. does anyone know if the 2013 will have any advantage's over a 2012

Chet

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Journey 'wagon' is a JC body and the Grand Caravan 'minivan' is an RT body. Both built on different platforms.
The Journey is deemed to be as close size-wise to what a shorter Caravan would be as to not make a shorter RT worth building.
The details and refinements continue, so yes a 2013 would be a better vehicle than a 2012.
Year-end inventory clearance on the 2012's would likely make for a better purchase price for as long as they last.
thanks for the prompt reply, I will stay with the Caravan, we now have a 03 SXT Caravan which is the standard length, my wife is after a Grand model, looking for a little more room to haul the dogs to some shows. we have the 3.3 engine and I see there is a 3.6 engine available for 2013, not sure if iit's available in the 2012 Grands, if it is, how does the 3.6 compare to the 3.3 power wise and economy.

Chet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts