Allpar Forums banner

Dodge LX / Siena

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike V. 
#1 ·
On the forthcoming LX for Mexico, does anyone know if this is going to be the Siena, or the Grand Siena?

#9 ·
I'd imagine it will be the Gand Siena.

The production of the old Siena in Venezuela has a bunch of complex reasons behind it, so it's not the rule, more like the exception.

Also consider that you can't realistically shift people from the Hyundai attitude (current dodge offering) to an old Siena, or hope to compete with the new -and excellent- generation of i10 (that Hyundai will be selling directly as a competing product) with the old palio; it would be a bloodbath!

Another factor is that Brazil and MX have a bilateral free trade agreement that needs to be re-balanced. Right now the traffic is basically all cars are made in MX and sent to BR. Brazil has recently kicked up a storm and put a cap on how many vehicles can be imported free of duty, and IIRC FIAT goes through that cap in 3-4 months. So sending cars the opposite route, from BR to MX, might also be instrumental in getting some "credits" for shipping more MX-made cars to brazil without having to pay duties again.

So, I'd say it's the new Grand Siena.

#11 ·
Stéphane Dumas said:
I think Dodge might use another name then Siena in Mexico. Toyota sold the Sienna minivan in Mexico and Siena sound too close to Sienna. We got to check if someone else currently own the rights to the Forza name in Mexico.
They should keep the name. If it catches on nobody will buy the Toyota van because they wouldn't be caught dead in a Dodge! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.