Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow night on the Bio channel is a TV show were a Dodge Magnum played a critical role in catching a serial killer.
Bobby Joe Long is probably the most infamous Dodge Magnum owner. My friend's car was used in the filming of this episode:
Killer Profile: Bobby Joe Long, Bio Channel at 10:00 PM eastern on Monday September 3rd.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Heh. When I found out that the man that probably killed Bob Crane had a cadet blue metallic '78 Chrysler Cordoba as his rental car, complete with a single blood drop on the carpet, I attempted to figure out if my car was that car. I don't think that it was, since the rental had either vinyl or leather seats and mine had velour, but it was still interesting.

I say "...probably killed..." because they didn't have DNA capability at the time, and if they'd been able to test the blood drop for Crane's DNA then the man probably would have been convicted.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Heh. When I found out that the man that probably killed Bob Crane had a cadet blue metallic '78 Chrysler Cordoba as his rental car, complete with a single blood drop on the carpet, I attempted to figure out if my car was that car. I don't think that it was, since the rental had either vinyl or leather seats and mine had velour, but it was still interesting.

I say "...probably killed..." because they didn't have DNA capability at the time, and if they'd been able to test the blood drop for Crane's DNA then the man probably would have been convicted.
That murder was near where I live (S Scottsdale).

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Even weirder, a coworker of mine who was my boss for several years before the reorg was the last person known to have seen Crane alive. He was a teenager working at a gas station/convenience store at the time, and Crane came in to buy something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts