Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,179 Posts
More roadcourse's won't help
I beg to differ. There were criticisms of NASCAR that it had too many cookie cutter 1.5-2.0 mile ovals - Kansas, Chicago, Michigan, Charlotte, California, Las Vegas - and not enough road courses. Now they add 5 road courses (7 total this year) and they still get criticized? Give me a break. At least NASCAR is trying something different. As far fan attendance you really have to throw out 2020 and 2021 due to the pandemic and the limitations many states have on attending large events. Yes, I know attendance is down from the hay days, but there are still fans out there.

Many have criticized some of the "gimmicks" that NASCAR has put in place. Well, guess where they got them? From the small tracks that run races every Saturday night. Things like stage racing and double file restarts. I'm not crazy about the playoff structure, but again, NASCAR was trying to find an answer to the fan's complaint that drivers weren't always racing hard to win. Doesn't seem to matter what NASCAR does there is always a complaint.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.