Allpar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Neon, for free. I'll share results in this thread after each update.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I appreciate it.

We're now just a few cars short of the minimum with the 2004.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
registered my lovely wife's 2002 Neon ;)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Registered my 2004.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I appreciate it. Close to having enough data to start providing results for these cars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just signed up with my 2004 Neon SXT. Looks like at least two other 2004 Neon owners had to have their automatic transmissions replaced as well.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In recent rounds we haven't had quite enough responses for the 2004 Neon to provide a reliability stat for it. A couple more owners would put it over the top.

Ideally, we'd like to cover all model years from 1998 on.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I should have had my friend register the 05 Neon I sold her to replace her Corolla.. She gave it to her dad to use for a trade in at 280,000 miles.. Her Corolla has about the same miles when she chose to retire it for the Neon.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not enough responses for updated stats. Someone recently emailed me asking for some reliability stats for the Neon.

I'd like to provide them. The 2004 is just a couple of responses short, and other years aren't far off.

Car reliability research

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another quarter, and we're again a single response short for the 2004 Neon.

We'd like to cover all years 1999 and up. Just a matter of getting more owners involved...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts