Allpar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to start the car with no luck! engine light is on and a little red light comes on above the engine light as well. tried to jump the car with another car with no luck, no crank at all. so i checked all the fuses and relay fuses and they all look ok. so i ran a jumper wire to the battery postive and to the solnoid and the car will try to start but no go! but when i try start from the ignition switch i hear the fuel pump kickin in but the starter won't work. so i took the starter off and tried to test it and it's like there is hardly any power going through it to turn it over. could this be my problem?

it is a 2005 dodge neon srt

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. If the 'ck eng' light is on, a fault code is stored. The red dot light above it means that there may be a SKIM key recognition problem. Without the proper code from the SKIM module, the PCM will not allow the car to start. Are you using a key with a gray, plastic grip?
The 'ck eng' light may be indicating your SKIM fault code. You won't be able to bypass the anti-theft system, if this is what is happening. Try the 'key dance' to get the codes. http://www.allpar.com/fix/codes.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts