Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 2000 Dodge Ram Pleasure Way with a 360 v8 motor. I need some info but don't know where to find it. Like: what motor oil should I use, and what trany oil. I didn't get any paperwork or manuals with it. Thank you. Rain.

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Even though there should be some kind of sticker under the hood or nearby the engine to give a couple specs, sparkplug gap, etc., it usually lists oil type. If not, there really isn't a specific you need under normal weather conditions, where it is above freezing and under 95ish, and that is a standard 10-30 or 10-40, both good for heavy vehicle driving around and won't thin out under the stress of travelling. You could also go with a synthetic if you intend to travel a lot, helps keep from changing the oil so often, that would be a 5-30 weight and can be good for a little improvement of gas mileage. The transmission is a little easier. ATF-4. It is a synthetic and used on everything after the early 90s, anything else will mess the transmission selonoids up.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
This is a Dodge chassis, moving to the appropriate subforum....

·
KOG
7,002 Posts
Rotella 15W-40 or Rotella Synthetic 5W-40 are both excellent relatively inexpensive oils. Mobil 1 in similar grades is also excellent.

Reactions: BlackSheep01
1 - 5 of 5 Posts