Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Dodges reputation is based on the Hemi engine lineup, not some T6 Euro style drive train. If you folks want a Stelvio just buy one, myself I would wait for the Hemi Journey.

·
Defender of Reality
2,941 Posts
You may remember, two years ago, I said:

1) Journey-like crossover moving to Chrysler (Grand Commander based)
2) Magnum replacement coming to Dodge, maybe to be called Journey

Well, here we are.
Makes sense that Chrysler would pair with Jeep and Dodge would pair with Alfa....

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Not an insider !
1,376 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Stelio is highly regarded in terms of ride and handling but the awd model starts at over $80k. I’d be shocked if they used this as a rebadged Dodge but it would be awesome if they did and could keep the price below $60k. The more I think about it, FCA could probably pull that off with a lesser equipped Scat Pack equivalent.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Stelio is highly regarded in terms of ride and handling but the awd model starts at over $80k. I’d be shocked if they used this as a rebadged Dodge but it would be awesome if they did and could keep the price below $60k. The more I think about it, FCA could probably pull that off with a lesser equipped Scat Pack equivalent.
Look like you need to do a little research. The Stelio AWD starts at $42,545.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Dodges reputation is based on the Hemi engine lineup, not some T6 Euro style drive train. If you folks want a Stelvio just buy one, myself I would wait for the Hemi Journey.
Dodge can Call the I6 the "Slant 6" and Market it as the Entry level performance engine (if the 5.7 isnt around)..As long as the I6 has a historic, yet catch name for itself. it will work.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
2) Magnum replacement coming to Dodge, maybe to be called Journey
Well, here we are.
Magnum - sloping roof reduced utility, capability and practicality
to
New Journey/Magnum - most likely also with reduced utility, capability and practicality

Then they will wonder why not many of them sell.
Yeah, yeah, I know... Dodge is the performance brand so those things are necessary.
But, there is no other place in the lineup for affordable useful vehicles. Not unless Chrysler finally gets some new mainstream products.
Still no sight of the vaporware Chrysler 'Journey' replacement.

Why do I get a sense of "we just don't have the guts to commit to anything" from so many automakers?
They all have plans, plenty of plans, but they take too long making any decisions.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts