Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article:

According to Muscle Cars & Trucks, another 1,000 units of the rapid SUV will be built in June 2021 if the rumors are true. The Durango SRT Hellcat’s production run of roughly 3,000 units makes it one of the rarest vehicles in the American automaker’s lineup. The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the only hot rod in the same ballpark – with 3,300 of them being built.

Full article here:

Dodge Reveals How Many Extra Durango SRT Hellcat SUVs It’s Making (motor1.com)

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,962 Posts
And they don't have 3000 sold.orders...thats lies
From the manufacturer's point of view, a dealer order is a sold order. They probably do have that many dealer orders. This means you can expect to see these sitting around on showroom floors in coming months.

Reactions: Erik Latranyi

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well...I have a buddy at the great lakes regions largest selling ram dealer and he says a sold.order to them is a.cusgomer order with deposit. I guess so either way. Last I checked 1388 had been built.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,420 Posts
From the manufacturer's point of view, a dealer order is a sold order. They probably do have that many dealer orders. This means you can expect to see these sitting around on showroom floors in coming months.
Chrysler currently does not report vehicles as sold until the end user takes possession. However, that might not apply to this article.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2,682 Posts
An order is sold as long as it isn't "NO STOCK" (built just to be built). It doesn't matter who ordered it.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,962 Posts
Chrysler currently does not report vehicles as sold until the end user takes possession. However, that might not apply to this article.
Yes, you're right where vehicles sales reports are concerned. That's true for all manufacturers.

But from the factory's point of view (probably what I should have said), an order is an order. If it sits for three years on a lot somewhere or was already sold before it was built, it's still an order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts