Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a Stealth within the next few months. it's goingto be the car that I play in (y'know, fixer-upper, super-crazy-mad drivetrain swaps, "stunt driving", or anything simular). Any suggestions on year? What should I look for? Anything that I shouldn't do to/with this car?

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
Bank lots of money. Parts are becoming harder and harder to obtain, and when you can get them they are very expensive. Co-worker owns a Mitsu 3000GT - sister to the Stealth - and knows this pain personally.

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
It was the poor man's Viper. I liked these cars much better than the turbo Conquest it replaced. Look for stick-shift if you like driving them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_GTO
The later, the better in terms of refinement. 1993-1996 had better EFI and all the suspension/elecrical/drivetrain TSB's and updates had all been applied to production.
Do the timing belt/water pump if there is no record of being done as I believe that the DOHC is an interference engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You sure don't see Stealth's anymore so I'm glad to see someone like you wanting to get one and fix it up! I wish you good luck on your quest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts