Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, Would anyone know how to turn off the door 'autolock' feature on my 04 PT Cruiser.
Kind regards, Rodger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. All sorted, now to try and make the remote work but it doesn't have the panic button to get it into programme mode. May have to go without it still.These owners manuals come in handy though. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Is it a 'Chrysler' remote? Look for the pentastar emblem or a name molded into the plastic body.
Do you have a 2nd one? Does it not work at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The remote looks the same as in the manual but has no panic button. On the back it has
''DaimlerChrysler'' and P/N 04686484 AA . Its also has TRW by loop / keyring part. Was told it needed new batteries so I put new ones in but still did not work. Tested old batteries and they were fully charged also. I only have the one remote.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
It is a factory remote. Check the battery terminals to the circuit board solder joints inside the remote, if this applies. Sometimes they fracture and lose connection.
Also make sure that the terminals aren't bent back and not making connection to the batteries or board contact pads. Make sure that the battery polarity is correct.
You can try to re-synchronize the remote to the vehicle following these methods: http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl613g.htm
This might be a Chrysler dealer-only repair situation. They may need the DRB III scan tool to diagnose and reprogram the remote to the vehicle. Call them to find out their service department policy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help. I have tried all that you have suggested and still no go so I will go see the dealer to see what they can offer. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts