Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
What keeps the pin in place between the two hinge halfs? I don't really see a clip per-say, but since the one pin goes in from the bottom, something must be holding it in place to keep it from falling out.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I did see a little tab sticking out in the middle of the pin, which must be that clip, but when I put a screwdriver to it to see what happened, the little tab broke off, so I guess I don't see how the clip comes off. They must be painted over after installation. I was at the pick-n-pull trying to remove a couple body hinge halfs and had limited tools with me. I tried to pound the top pin down, but didn't have a hammer or punch, just a ratchet and extension, but it probably wouldn't come out with the clip on anyway.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Got the pin out of the upper hinge, just needed a punch and a bigger hammer. Since the bottom hinge, the pin goes up instead of down, I could get it out as the car was sitting on the ground and not enough room to get the punch in there and still hit it. Well, I got half of what I needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.