Allpar Forums banner

Door Lock Actuators

5K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  dc8flyer 
#1 ·
My 1987 600se 2.5L is all back together with all lights and gauges working properly. I no longer have the power light coming on or need to turn off/on the key while driving to clear code 24.

The interior is also fully completed. Will have to contemplate a paint job sometime in the next year or two as the clear coat has worn out.

One other detail I have is two door lock actuators that have failed. No junk yard finds or retail availability so I wanted to ask if any one has ever had one of these actuators rebuilt and the best route to fix these.

Thanks

#2 ·
I had saved the door lock actuators from my 1992 Daytona, which may be different but possibly adaptable. I'll check to see if I still have them, or if I pitched them in a purge earlier this year. I had the part of the harness that was inside the door, so I would have had the connectors and a length of wiring.

#4 ·
i would make a universal one work if it was me. two wires. I put door locks in my lebaron . It was hard to date a girl in the rain when she stood there getting wet as i used the key to unlock the door.

#5 ·
. . . . i would make a universal one work if it was me. two wires. I put door locks in my lebaron . . . . .
Agree. A universal type power door lock motor actuator is easily adaptable to your vehicle. Here is a link to a vendor that sells aftermarket power door lock kits. All you would need is a separate purchase of the actuator. It comes with a short wiring harness that could mate to the existing harness.

A1 Electric Automotive Accessories, Power windows, Power door locks, keyless entry systems, Window motors, Window regulators, Pop door kits (at https://www.a1electric.com/index.htm )

#7 ·
Does the link move in and out? Does it draw current? Have you looked under the rubber weatherboot or tried an external 12 volt source to actuate it?

#9 ·
Agree. A universal type power door lock motor actuator is easily adaptable to your vehicle. Here is a link to a vendor that sells aftermarket power door lock kits. All you would need is a separate purchase of the actuator. It comes with a short wiring harness that could mate to the existing harness.

A1 Electric Automotive Accessories, Power windows, Power door locks, keyless entry systems, Window motors, Window regulators, Pop door kits (at https://www.a1electric.com/index.htm )

I’ve been trying to work with this company but initially they said their actuators would not work. But after nearly two weeks they respond saying their actuators will work but want to send a kit with actuators with more plugs and wires than necessary. Wires harnesses, actuators with three separate plugs, etc.

They want to send me the W02F kit when all I believe I need is four separate W15F actuators.

As I recall all the actuators, front and back, are the same and with two wires from each actuator to a wire plug.

Without my having to remove the door panels to refresh my memory, does anyone know for sure how many wires are on each of the four individual door actuators?

Thanks,

#10 ·
As I recall, there are two wires, and polarity is reversed to lock/unlock.

Reactions: valiant67
#16 ·
Finally received the door lock actuators. Their product seemed more reliable than others on the web so I waited it out after almost two months.

The install was time consuming but straight forward. Did not have to use any extra brackets as there was plenty of space to attach after removing the old bracket attached with rivets.

Both used flat male connectors but the new actuator's blue connector cover was not compatible with the old wiring. Easy enough to interchange the covers to make it work. Not perfect but worked well enough. I had a 50/50 chance of figuring out which lead went where and of course got it wrong.

Nice to have all door locks working.

Thanks Allan for pointing me to this vender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.