Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my 98 Neon some months ago and i still havent found out how my alarm keyholder works.

The problem is that if i disconnect batteri , doorlock/alarm mode steps in. Then engine wont crank. There are 5 buttons on my remote-control . and what is what? and it only works after i have tryed different buttons for several minutes. Then i get responce and the red warn-light above the dash stops blinking and i can start again.

I have two remote-controls and neither work as i want them to.Red light signal seem fresh so i think batteries are ok.

Is there a spesial code system? Can i possibly uninstall the whole security-system?

·
Super Moderator
36,917 Posts
This system was not used in the United States. Is it an aftermarket system or something unique used in Europe? Do you have a Chrysler logo or part number on the remote or some other brand?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the system cant be aftermarked since the red warning light is integrated in dash-consol-

i quess the cars for Europe had this then.

I have a problem- Chrysler dealers her care very little about you when your car gets 15 years old....quess they would charge me 2k to solve the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts