Allpar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link to a page with the production numbers for Dream Cruisers? I have looked on several Facebook pages but found nothing.
I am also looking for production numbers for the different year Dream Cruisers - lots of conflicting information floating around on the internet.
Thanks in advance -
Mark from Ohio, 2005 PT DC

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There's also some info out there that the Dream Cruiser Series dash number plates were not used or issued in actual sequential order, but they were merely pulled out at random from the bin and attached to the vehicle.

So in the example in the below pic, even though the dash plate is #2594, that may not be the actual production # of that particular '03 Dream Cruiser Series 2 ;)

So the dash plates are also not a good count of the actual Dream Series Cruisers that were built.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's also some info out there that the Dream Cruiser Series dash number plates were not used or issued in actual sequential order, but they were merely pulled out at random from the bin and attached to the vehicle.

So in the example in the below pic, even though the dash plate is #2594, that may not be the actual production # of that particular '03 Dream Cruiser Series 2 ;)

So the dash plates are also not a good count of the actual Dream Series Cruisers that were built.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have heard the 'non-linear number assignment' stories also.
I have not checked this, however I recently noticed a local DC2, and I plan to compare his dash plate number with his serial number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, Mbash, you can start one! There's you and me. . . that's two!
Thinking about it ;-)
I am recovering from some health issues, and if I stay on this track I will check it out this winter - AFTER I put the top up on my DC4! ;-)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just for giggles I made up a few different versions of the plaques. I could only find a couple pics at this point. I try to find more. I know they're stashed away somewhere.

My materials are exactly the same as the oem plaques.;):)

JERRY

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just for giggles I made up a few different versions of the plaques. I could only find a couple pics at this point. I try to find more. I know they're stashed away somewhere.

My materials are exactly the same as the oem plaques.;):)

JERRY
wow, these are so nice. Are you selling them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased an 09 DC5. Is there a way I can find out if these were numbered? Mine is missing a plaque.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think Series 2 was the only one to have those dash plates.
That's too bad, its just like Chrysler to do that. I wish they would stick to a plan and follow through.

Anyway, from my reseach I see they made about 1700 of the DC5 so they are rare. I wonder if there's a way to tell what number mine is. I would be willing to pay for a plate.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
That's too bad, its just like Chrysler to do that. I wish they would stick to a plan and follow through.

Anyway, from my reseach I see they made about 1700 of the DC5 so they are rare. I wonder if there's a way to tell what number mine is. I would be willing to pay for a plate.
Welcome to the forum :)

According to past info, the plates were just pulled out of a box or bin, at random, and placed on the vehicle.

You could send a PM to member 421 SD Poncho (Jerry) and he could most likely make you a custom plate for your PT, and you would have a unique PT.

He's a great guy and does some custom items, and takes pride in his craftsmanship.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts