Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeling a little helpless today

-after overhaul i decided to try a dry upstart today, Purpose was to see if start-motor worked right.

I did this with no fuel,no spark ,no water and logic module unplugged.

As my wife turning engine-and i watch engine-then happens somthing strage - i notice a smoke and smell behind head- after some searching i found that the earth-wire from manifoid to firewall was very hot and caused the smoke.No damage so far.

I cant find any sence in this.-still i am an amatuer and there must be an explanation.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Usually if you have a hot ground wire, it's because it's not properly grounded. Make sure the connections on both ends are clean and tight. If that doesn't work, use your volt meter and make sure you don't have a hot wire connected in the wrong place. If that wire has voltage in it, then it's either the wrong one or you've got a short somewhere.

·
Premium Member
20,079 Posts
Agree.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a full check on grounding and found that the thick ground-wire from alternator was totaly loose-i also had forgot the wiring from right side enginemount.
After that no more hot stuff.

Im a little tensed these days since 600 hours of work is soon done(done in feb.)

Always good to have you guys around :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Always glad to hear that a suggestion works. I don't understand what's going on with your timing set up though. Since the two brain surgeries back in 04, I have to physically see things like that nowadays to make any sense out of them. My "picture it in the head"
mode is all messed up now.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You had two brain surgereys end still keep on with Dodges? I like that- just keep on exercising-

my brain is also slow-,i used to be a teacher, but i had a big problem remembering lessons from year to year- even as a young man -now im 49 and i see the importance of training the brain every day.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Yeah, I go through my own invented brain games every day. I first try to recall what I had to eat the previous day, where I went and what I did. It may sound ridiculous to someone that doesn't have memory problems, but I often can't recall the meals from the previous day. I write things down too. It's weird because I can recall things from my childhood, but not from the day before. I always have to ask my daughter what is coming on tv at night, because as a family, we like to watch a lot of comedies together. I can read a new book and six months later read it again and it's all new to me. Cheap entertainment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts