Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had all three of my emblems ripped off the Dynasty. They did the one on the trunk about 2 weeks ago and managed not to scratch the paint, but they did a number on my C-pillars when trying to get those ones off last night. Needless to say I'm not impressed and although there are cameras in the parking garage, security as well as the rest of the staff at this place is less than excitable when somebody wants anything done. But they gladly take my rent every month.
So rather than keep the car badgeless which I don't really want to do, I thought perhaps I could find decals and put them in place of the emblems. They can't rip those off! Anybody know of a good place to find such I thing? I doubt it's an item of high demand. Perhaps a local sign/silk screening shop might be able to make something?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
A sign shop could duplicate the general look in vinyl. They may have to charge you a set-up fee to get started. You may want to print an image of the correct emblem and bring the printed copy to the sign shop. Of course, don't attempt to reproduce these for profit, because of copyright issues.

Can't believe people are stealing these things....

·
Registered
555 Posts
I should have the nameplates if you want to put them back. Amazing someone would want those and steal them.......

mkolner14[at]hotmail.com for reply

·
Fleet Owner
1,172 Posts
Only reason I could think of is that you can chop of the "DY" and have some nice chrome "NASTY" emblems. I had a set of dynasty ones that I cut apart for my flat black 8 ball horizon... :lol:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll find a sign shop around here and see what they might be able to do. I couldn't believe somebody would want the emblems either. I'm fairly certain it's the kids who are less of 7 years old and their parents just let them run the place. They took the wing emblem off an LHS I park behind, and the Civic next to me recently lost the H. It's just annoying, especially for a person who prides themselves on how their car looks.
Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Little kids ripping the emblems off of cars? You should ask to see the security tapes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Little kids ripping the emblems off of cars? You should ask to see the security tapes.
I have been. But TransGlobe is the worst rental agency. They don't care about their tennants and it shows. I went down to the front office again today and asked why nobody had followed up on my earlier inquest about the security footage. Their reply was "Security couldn't find anything, and they have the piece of paper with your number on it so we coudln't follow up." Last time I checked there was a phone number on a copy of the lease which they would have on record... So I told them that the removal of my emblems has happened again and they're going to look into it again. The first time they didn't do any damage to the paint, but the second time they scratched and chipped some of it off my C-pillars. It's just frustrating, especially since I was brought up knowing that if it don't belong to you, don't you dare touch it! What has happened to parenting? Are these morals and values still being taught? Or are kids just pushing the envelope more and more? Perhaps this has always been the way in cities, I was a country boy so I don't know.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Little punks. I live in an area where the kids are... entitled. I'm tootling around in my Spirit and there are 16-year-olds with BRAND NEW Lexuses and BMW's. I've had the misfortune of knowing a couple of these snots and they're just about the worst kind you can meet. They ride around on those idiot kick scooters and vandalize pretty much anything they can so they can be "cool", smoke cigarettes in middle school, and then go home to their big expensive house with parents who think they're just about the best thing on the face of the earth. I don't understand what's wrong with living normally...
As for vandalism in the city, my uncle had a fan thrown on the roof of his Spirit during some riots following a basketball game. I have seen a couple of smash and grabs, but they tend to go for radios, wallets, GPS units, more street hooligans than anything else at least where I work in the city. Not random acts of vandalism, the odd thing is that the real criminals can't be bothered keying your car when they could be stealing the GPS out of the car next to you. It's more the miscreants that break stuff just for giggles, usually, as you and I seem to agree, little punk snot-nose entitled brats.
Why not try going to corporate with your complaints? Or have you already done that?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for vandalism in the city, my uncle had a fan thrown on the roof of his Spirit during some riots following a basketball game. I have seen a couple of smash and grabs, but they tend to go for radios, wallets, GPS units, more street hooligans than anything else at least where I work in the city. Not random acts of vandalism, the odd thing is that the real criminals can't be bothered keying your car when they could be stealing the GPS out of the car next to you. It's more the miscreants that break stuff just for giggles, usually, as you and I seem to agree, little punk snot-nose entitled brats.
Why not try going to corporate with your complaints? Or have you already done that?
When we first moved to London, our apartment wasn't move-in-ready. I had been paying rent for a month prior to my moving date, and I moved in about 15 days after the estimated arrival date. There was absolutely no excuse as to why our apartment was the way it was. The head of maintenance who did the move in inspection took charge that day and I'm greatful to him and his workers. They spent a solid 2 hours cleaning while the four of us (my girlfriend, my mother, my brother and I) went to get something to eat and relax because we just drove 20+ hours and unpacked. That was great, but our letter to Transglobe was far from glowing with praise. We sent letters to the main office which is out of Missasauga I believe (no reply), we delivered one in person to our front office and they were all sunshine and roses "We will do everything and anything to fix this mistake..." biggest load of BS. So instead of wasting our energy and time, we made our space our home and eventually some things got fixed. When my car was stolen in early October there was no help, even the police didn't do anything besides find the car and return what was left in it (the people who took the car didn't take anything, my book bag was in the back seat, our GPS was in the unlocked glovebox, tools in the trunk, bike rack...) The tool they used to start the car was left in plain sight on the hump in the middle of the floor! And then I have to pay the impound lot $300 to get the car out!? Anyway, it's no good for me to get worked up over it, nothing good comes of it. I thank my parents for raising me the way they did, and I'm thankful for growing up on the East coast where the pace of life is a little slower and this kind of stuff doesn't occur very often. I'm a big believer in karma, so someday what goes around will come around. For now I'll bug the front office a little more, and keep my eyes open a little wider. Maybe I'll see something. But when my lease is up, I'm out of here and the city of London can kiss my @#$. It's too bad, because I know London is a good place to be, there's a lot going on in London, and around London. Toronto is 2 hours east, Detroit is 2 hours west... Smile, breathe, live life to the fullest! Life really is too short, and it really could be worse. With that note, I feel better and I'm off to bed!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
On the subject of Punks....can we blame them when their names are plastered on the back of their parents' SUVs from birth? (As if they are celebrities or something)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very old topic, but I just bought a pillar Dynasty emblem on eBay for $6.99, including shipping.

There were a lot of other ones available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts