Allpar Forums banner

Dynasty Headlights won't turn off

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mydodgedip 
#1 ·
Hey Folks!

It's been awhile since I've been around, all has been fairly good. I recently sold my Daytona (sad day) and my Dynasty has been giving me wonderful care free service. However, I was driving the other day and noticed my highbeam indicator was on, so I flicked my lights and it didn't go off, and once I shut the car off, the light was still on and so were my headlights! I searched for this problem on the forum and came up with one topic close to this, but there was no indication of whether or not the DRL module (Oklahoma Wolf says it's accessible from underneath, and it's on the passenger side fender?) was the culprit, or if there is somewhere else I need to look. If anybody wants to add their thoughts, please do. Hopefully I find the problem and can answer my own question in the mean time. For now I just pop the bigger fuse from under the hood and that cuts the lights when I'm not using the car.

Thanks all!

CRC

#2 ·
Headlight switch is gone, I'm thinking. Could be the multifunction switch too, but that's less likely (and more expensive). The Imperial's original multi switch had a problem where if you had the headlights on, and tried to use the flash to pass feature, all the headlights would go out. Hasn't been a problem since I replaced the switch.

I'd start with the headlight switch though.

The DRL module, if you have one, is on the inner fender in the space between it and the outer fender on the driver's side, forward of the wheel. It wouldn't be causing this.

#4 ·
Just gotta find a yard around Toronto... I had tons at my disposal in London, I've not actually researched any pick-a-part's here in Toronto. But yes! That is my task for the weekend. That and put my winter shoes back on **sigh** that time of year again.

#6 ·
That is true! I actually saw them on Rockauto for like 10 bucks. However it's only the guts, I have to swap the knob and case over. Decisions! Weekend is soon here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.