Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding it difficult to locate a specific color in Canada that matches the original (blue-green) of the late sixties. Most of our available parts sources seem to carry the Plastikote line of sprays but this company does NOT market that color. Other suppliers are Duplicolor, which lists it as #.DE-1619 (Chrysler Green) or VHT which lists it as #SP-126 (Early Chrysler Blue). Our massive network of www.lordco.com stores in B.C. only carry Plasticote, as does Westcan. Our new NAPA store does carry Duplicolor but their literature no longer lists the color and, they tell me that Duplicolor has apparently 'bought-out' VHT. (unconfirmed). Now, if I go into the Duplicolor website (USA I assume) the number 1619 is indeed listed. I have yet to contact any on-line suppliers and in the meantime decided to post this question in case someone (in Canada, preferrably) has another paint source to pass onto me. I am also assuming that the Mopar dealers can locate and supply this color but I also need confirmation and numbers (but not my first choice). Also, POR-15 seems to list the color but it is in a non-aerosol can and quite pricey. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
www.paintscratch.com has always given me great paint that matches beautifully. Far better than Duplicolor, which always comes out runny and spits.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, Bob. I checked the website but they only create and sell body colours - not engine enamel. One of my local machine shops has yet to use this color so far and the newer blue or hemi orange is readily available to them as Plastikote. Most of the time it is left up to the customers to find colors and apply same. I will wait it out awhile to see if anyone north of the 49th. can check their own local suppliers to see if either of the desired numbers happens to be on the shelf and then contact me. thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You are looking for the turquiose engine paint for big blocks up to 1969. Mopar performance sells it in rattle cans and it is good looking. I have used Eastwoods turquiose but it looks way to green to me.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot about this thread. Well, I ended up purchasing 6 cans of the 'turquoise' thru one of my Mopar dealers - www.kamloopsdodge.com. It worked out to less than $10. per can and was shipped from dealer in Portland OR. Of course I only needed can and a half but now, 3 years later, after slant six and Fargo P.W. 318, I am down to 3 cans. It is a very good paint and no idea who makes it. My current project will use the Hemi Orange engine paint but more readily available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts