Jim Choate turned up numerous new trademark applications by Chrysler, including some that show new directions.
- Torqueflite .The beloved transmission that combined rugged durability with efficiency, used by luxury European automakers as well as Chrysler, may lend its name to the new eight or nine speed automatics.
- Selec-Speed, a vehicle speed controller for off-road driving, is presumably meant for Jeeps.
- Skydome is presumably to be used for large sunroofs.
- Jeep Arctic is presumably to be a Wrangler model, but could be the name of the Liberty replacement.
- EcoVoyager is intended for a concept car; Voyager was the name of the Plymouth minivan, and is still used by Chrysler for its export vans (Chrysler and Lancia Voyager). A concept Chrysler crossover by this name was shown in 2008.
- Scamp , the Plymouth version of the Dart Swinger and an Omni-based pickup, has been registered for cars; it may be applied to the B-sized Fiat import, or to the new C-sized Avenger replacement. Our bet is on the B-sized import; but it could also be applied to a light pickup.
A possible new Viper badge was also shown: