Allpar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jeepaholic
6,834 Posts
Doing a quick search, i can’t find much regarding the aerodynamics of this vehicle beyond that “it has rounded edges and features” that improve aerodynamics. It will offer different levels of capability as described by their own (Einride’s) methodology for Autonomous Electric Transport (AEV) ranging from level 1 (lowest) to level 5 (Highest capability).

Interesting concept for cargo transport. However, it still looks to be about as aerodynamic as my old TJ on the highway with the soft top partially open, sticking up like a wrong-turned sail. Well, maybe not THAT bad. :LOL:

·
Jeepaholic
6,834 Posts
Close to it
I'll add that my TJ only had the 4 cyl in it. Slow and non-aerodynamic do not a fast combination make. I still loved it though...this not so much.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hope the software on that thing is capable of accurately reading recently reduced weight limits on old bridges.

The good news is that thing currently can only go 85 km/h (52 or 53 mph). The bad news is that if it were at its fully loaded weight of 26 tonnes, if that thing managed to hit you at 50 mph, the kinetic energy would be equivalent to a Challenger Hellcat going just under 180 mph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts