Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
I actually had a 1969 Crown, around 1982. 1969 four door sedan with a straight Six (2M?) and 4 spd stick. What was really odd about this thing was it had a BoF, think vintage big Buick/Chevy/Ford LTD, along with 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern wheels, etc.

·
Administrator
35,238 Posts
I actually had a 1969 Crown, around 1982. 1969 four door sedan with a straight Six (2M?) and 4 spd stick. What was really odd about this thing was it had a BoF, think vintage big Buick/Chevy/Ford LTD, along with 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern wheels, etc.
It took a long time for Toyota to become the Toyota we think of today...

·
Registered
70 Posts
It took a long time for Toyota to become the Toyota we think of today...
That is because Toyota, along with its arch rival Nissan; have become very choosy over the years as to which vehicles they sell in the North American market, and even vehicles that they manufacture in North America.
I wish that Nissan had never ceased to sell the Z31 Z-Car in the North American market in 1996, even while sales continued in Japan until 2002;when the Z32 Z-car has been introduced the world over a year later in 2002.
Instead of Toyota developing the Lexus brand, I wish they sold the Crown in the North American market all along, sold the Soarer/Lexus SC as a Toyota model, and sold the Mark II/Chaser/Cresta as is instead of Americanizing it as the Cressida, and then dropping it in favor of the Avalon; while the Mark X continues on in Japan to this day.
Instead of Nissan developing the Infiniti brand, I wish they sold the Cedric/Gloria in the North American market, as well as the Cima and the President. I also wish that instead of developing the 810/Maxima as an offshoot of the Bluiebird, that they just sold the Skyline and Laurel in the North American market.
I even think Toyota would have remained competitive in the Minivan market here in the United States by continuing to sell later generations of the Previa here in the United States, or even the Alphard, Granvia; or even the R40 and R50 LiteAce and their successors, the Noah/Voxy.

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts