Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Lebaron (details in my sig) has a bum wheel and the conservative estimate (junkyard parts and not worrying about aesthetics) is $600 (from my uncle, whom I trust). She's probably going to the junkyard, but if anyone's interested in it as a parts car or fixer-upper project, let me know. I'm in the South-Central PA area (Dover, PA).

Thank you to all of the people who contribute to this forum. I've gotten some great advice and learned a lot about cars in general. I have my eyes on a 98 Celica GT convertible and I hope I can find a Toyota site/forum as good as allpar.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I don't understand why a bum wheel would run s $600. Can you elaborate as to what happened to the car? Maybe a broken lower control arm, ball joint, tie rods, axle, or what?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Does seem high for a simple sore foot. Did the wheel failure also wreck the brake / axle components?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does seem high for a simple sore foot. Did the wheel failure also wreck the brake / axle components?
My uncle told me they were going to have to get a "rear-end" from another junkyard car. The rotors and brake lines don't look good either.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
+1, what happened

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've made my decision and the junkyard gave me $225 for the car (and it's probably going to make a good bit of profit off the parts, especially with the wheels and 3 relatively new tires,). Unfortunately, I have to stray from the Chrysler line, because the Sebring is a no-go. I'm looking at Celica convertibles and Miatas. IDK

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Too bad you didn't elaborate on the damage. Sounds like there could have been interest in paying you more and fixing the car, than what you got, if you had answered the above inquiries.

Sebring is no longer made, unless you're looking at used.

·
Super Moderator
36,935 Posts
I'd guess the spring perch rotted off the rear axle, it's more common on the AC/AY cars than the J body.
I'm not sure why the Sebring would be ruled out, it shared engine and transmission design with the LeBaron (at least for the early ones the 2.5 V6 was a smaller version of the 3.0 used in the LeBaron). Other engines (2.4 and 2.7) were Chrysler designs.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i would have given you that much for the rear windows

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would have given you that much for the rear windows
The regulator was busted on the one (wouldn't stay up without something wedged in it) and the motor was dead on the other (wouldn't go down)

I'm now driving a 2004.5 Sebring Limited convertible (2.7 V6) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
733 Posts
i have parts, i still would have given you that much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts