Allpar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! In view of the fact that there was free time, in connection with self-isolation due to caronavirus, it became possible to take up the machine. Spoken Chrysler neon2 1999 2.0 3 speed automatic. I hope you can help resolve issues related to my car. I'll start with the most succinct)) Visually it is clear that the lower engine mount is torn, I conclude that the rest also do not work as they should and because of this there was a vibration on the body. It is very expensive to buy mopar engine mounts and a long delivery time, you should not buy non-original pillows due to negative reviews, the vibration not only did not go away, and in some cases became even stronger. Therefore, I decided that I would change the rubber silent blocks in the supports, in the upper and lower, for this I ordered 2 diameter bushings and moldings suitable for the diameter and configuration of the silent blocks.
The question arose of what to do with the support, which is located in the side member (rear right) from the side of the timing belt cover. I want to try also to choose the necessary silent block and replace the torn one. Tell me also, there is an opinion that the original pillow (rear right) is hydro-filled, is this so?
Perhaps someone has this engine mount in order to measure the diameter and width of the silent block? Also interested in the size of the left support (05274952 AA), the one under the battery. Can someone tell me?

I apologize if I do not express the idea very clearly, I translate it with a translator.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello ! Maybe I posted the message in the wrong section and I should have posted in the Repairs, Maintenance, Help section. If so, I ask the moderators to transfer to the appropriate section. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,491 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. This is the correct section for your question. I have never replaced just the rubber blocks in the motor mounts. I have only replaced the mount assembly as a whole with OEM or Mopar parts.

I have seen the generic replacement rubber blocks, but have never used them. I have seen the negative reviews of aftermarket mounts due to fit and poor quality. The mounts may need adjustment in the slotted bolt holes to get the spacing correct.
You can get a vibration from a misadjusted mount. If it vibrates on right-hand turns, slide the motor/transaxle slightly to the right. If it vibrates on left-hand turns, slide the motor/transaxle slightly to the left.

The parts catalog shows the motor mounts in figure 9-110 for the 2.0L SOHC (ECB) here:
http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD3/97-01/99PL.pdf
The automatic transaxle is a DGC.

The Rt (passenger) mount is 4668200. The Lt (transaxle) mount is a 4668259AB. The center mount is a 4668182.

Maybe someone with experience with replacing just the rubber mount cushion will respond here?

Reactions: FRANZID

·
Registered
944 Posts
My '04 R/T developed a terrible vibration and buzzing under load which I determined was from worn out passenger side mounts. I took a chance on aftermarket parts and after about a year they're still fine. Replacing them wasn't difficult, just tedious. The frame is in the way so there's a lot of jacking the engine up and down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to Allpar. This is the correct section for your question. I have never replaced just the rubber blocks in the motor mounts. I have only replaced the mount assembly as a whole with OEM or Mopar parts.

I have seen the generic replacement rubber blocks, but have never used them. I have seen the negative reviews of aftermarket mounts due to fit and poor quality. The mounts may need adjustment in the slotted bolt holes to get the spacing correct.
You can get a vibration from a misadjusted mount. If it vibrates on right-hand turns, slide the motor/transaxle slightly to the right. If it vibrates on left-hand turns, slide the motor/transaxle slightly to the left.

The parts catalog shows the motor mounts in figure 9-110 for the 2.0L SOHC (ECB) here:
http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD3/97-01/99PL.pdf
The automatic transaxle is a DGC.

The Rt (passenger) mount is 4668200. The Lt (transaxle) mount is a 4668259AB. The center mount is a 4668182.

Maybe someone with experience with replacing just the rubber mount cushion will respond here?
Спасибо за предоставленные ссылки и подробное руководство, которое я изучу!
My '04 R/T developed a terrible vibration and buzzing under load which I determined was from worn out passenger side mounts. I took a chance on aftermarket parts and after about a year they're still fine. Replacing them wasn't difficult, just tedious. The frame is in the way so there's a lot of jacking the engine up and down.
Thanks for the advice! Friends, understand correctly, I'm not greedy, the fact is that some companies deliver for a very long time, as a rule, much longer than stated, and when you start to find out why the deadlines do not correspond, they refer to customs, the carrier company, in general, for all possible reasons. Therefore, the actual delivery time is about 40 days. There are exceptions, but it is very expensive for me, I will give an example. A company that works in my small town. If converted into US dollars, it turns out at the rate of $ 262 for 04668182 and $ 144 for 4668259AB.
Therefore, I am looking for other ways.

71Charger_fan Could you tell me the name of the company whose pillows you put on your neon?
White Black Line
White Black Line

·
Super Moderator
24,491 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
I bought Marmon Ride Control from RockAuto.com. I also bought the parts for the left (driver) side, but, after replacing the passenger side solved the issue, I stopped replacing parts. However, since Neons changed substantially from '99 to 2000, I have no idea how similar or different your car is to mine.

A quick look shows 4668259AB to be discontinued. However, you could probably do the old Shelby Charger trick and fill the voids in an aftermarket part with urethane to stiffen it up a bit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m changing the model, 3x neon 2, which began its production in 1999, so that you and I can make a difference with a 3 or 4-speed gearbox, and in theory everything should be the same. Or I'm wrong? And another question, Oprah, which in the spar is hydrofilled or not?

·
Super Moderator
24,491 Posts
The automatic transaxle uses a different Front and Left side mount than the stickshift (manual) transaxle. The manual transaxle also used an engine roll damper and brackets. See item # 4 and # 5 in the parts figure 9-110. Automatics did not use a roll damper.

Neons were 3-speed (31TE) automatics until mid-2002 when the 4-speed (40TE) automatic was phased into use. There was also a 5-speed manual transaxle available.

The hydrofilled motor mount was used with the 2.4L Neon SRT-4 and the PT Cruiser. It was mounted inside the right-side frame rail.
Yours should be standard rubber isolated motor mounts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
[Цитата= "71Charger_fan, сообщение: 1085180179, участник: 92004"] я купил Marmon Ride Control у RockAuto.com. я также купил детали для левой (водительской) стороны, но, после того как замена пассажирской стороны решила проблему, я перестал заменять детали. Однако, поскольку Neons существенно изменился с 99 - го по 2000-й, я понятия не имею, насколько ваша машина похожа или отличается от моей.

Быстрый взгляд показывает 4668259AB, котор нужно прерывать. Однако вы, вероятно, могли бы сделать старый трюк с зарядным устройством Shelby и заполнить пустоты в послепродажной части уретаном, чтобы немного укрепить его.[/ЦИТАТА]

Спасибо! Я постараюсь связаться с вами RockAuto.com персонал, может быть, они смогут более точно сказать мне, если я дам им wincode автомобиля.
P/S 2000 DODGE NEON 2.0L L4 Motor Mount | RockAuto (at https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2000,neon,2.0l+l4,1358085,engine,motor+mount,5552 ) It seems like this is my option.

·
Super Moderator
24,491 Posts
Right side (passenger side) motor mounts for a 1999 Neon are very different from a 2000 Neon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello ! Something I'm completely confused. Can you tell me definitely which one goes to my car according to the win code of the car?
Maybe some of these are options for you. These are for first generation neons (1995-1999). The prothane motor mounts are firmer and transmit a little more vibration but they are more durable than the original rubber ones. Engine Mounts: Modern Performance (at https://www.modernperformance.com/category/95-99-neon-20l-engine-components-engine-mounts )

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe some of these are options for you. These are for first generation neons (1995-1999). The prothane motor mounts are firmer and transmit a little more vibration but they are more durable than the original rubber ones. Engine Mounts: Modern Performance (at https://www.modernperformance.com/category/95-99-neon-20l-engine-components-engine-mounts )
Thank you, but I have a neon 2 generation, year of manufacture 1999, model of the 2000 series, respectively, the year 2000-2005 was produced. Thanks for the site! These parts fit me Engine Mounts: Modern Performance (at https://www.modernperformance.com/category/00-05-neon-engine-engine-mounts )

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello everybody! I still haven’t found anyone who can measure the diameter of the silent block (rear right), but in order to try how it will replace the bushing of the lower support, it looks like this.
Auto part Automotive wheel system Wheel Spoke Rim
Pipe Core drill Machine Plumbing Drilling
Machine Gas
Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Rim
Tire Auto part Wheel Automotive tire Bumper

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.