Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, I purchased a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport with 60k original miles. On the way home from the purchase, the oil pressure light came on and to make a long story short, after speaking to 3 mechanics, it was determined that a bearing had gone and the engine needed to be replaced. It was replaced with a Jasper remanufactured long block. Also at the time, the belt, hoses, spark plugs, engine mounts and battery were replaced. Oil pressure is fine but the car shakes, brought it back to the mechanic several times, could not resolve problem, brought car to a Chrysler dealer. They don't feel anything is wrong with the engine. They reflashed the computer, updated the software which did not make a difference. I know it's a straight six which runs different than a V6, but my problem is that the car didn't shake before the engine was replaced, only after. Has anyone encountered this problem? Can anyone help or offer suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
Motor mounts are not bolted down correctly, or misaligned, is my guess.

Rev it in gear while holding the brake, have someone see if the engine rocks or lifts more than about 1".

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
Could the shake be from engine misfire? Is compression even on all 6 cylinders?
Any plug tips black and are they the recommended Champion RE12ECC's?
Was cam sensor sync (where the distributor used to be) set with a scan tool to zero degrees?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts