Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,099 Posts
You might get a few different answers if a few people actually try this out. :) Those are not normally published and since you have a lockup converter, you have to be sure what condition it is in. For example, when the engine is under load, like in going up a hill, the computer will not provide a lockup signal at the usual 43 MPH and the RPM's will run higher. IIRC, the lockup can only take place when you are in 3rd. For #5 you pretty much answered that yourself. I have noticed that at 70 MPH on my Spirit, I am running about 3050 RPM, but the factory tach could easily be off by 50 or more RPM.

If I get a chance tonight, I'll try to see what speed I am going in 2nd gear at 2800 RPM. It might be tough around here with the traffic congestion but we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
11,099 Posts
I can confirm the 42 MPH at 2800 in 2nd gear. That is about all I could do on the Spirit on my commute home and I couldn't stay at a constant speed for long because of tight traffic. It takes 35-40 minutes to go 8 miles in this urban sprawl, so we move pretty slow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.