Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a tuner that works with the Neon 2.0 SOHC ? I have a 2000 Dodge Neon ES that has a few goodies added and feel there is more performance to be had. I know about the Diablo Sport tuner for the SRT4 but it seems the 2.0 has been left out. My bolt ons are simple, MoPar Performance Stage 1 cam, CAI, OBX shorty header, Unorthodox under drive pulley,MoPar Performance stage 1 clutch, and FlowMaster exhaust. The car isn't raced regularly but I do like to run it hard at times. The car has 134,xxx miles so I don't want to put the stress of nitrous on it nor do I want to make it a full on racer, just have a little surprise for some of the Honda guys. The car is my daily driver and still gets 29-30 mpg in town and 36-38mpg hwy.

·
Super Moderator
21,364 Posts
The 1st generation 2.0L DOHC was rated at 18 more horsepower than the SOHC, but required premium fuel to do so. There was a Mopar Performance PCM for the '96-'99 Neons, sadly the 2nd generation Neons had less performance goodies available for it.
I have seen non-turbo 2.4L engines installed into Neons for cheap. You would need a donor PT, Sebring, Stratus or Breeze to do this swap somewhat easily. Theoretically you could have 2 perfectly fine driving cars after the swap was completed. The mounts would be SRT-4 or PT mounts.
A stick-shift conversion even gives it a bit more snap and fuel economy if you currently have the 3-speed automatic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts