Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is my first time i test out the car on the highway. So after going about 60 mph the car develop some over heating issue and i notice the that the turbo build up boost and but not able to release it. If anyone have any idea what's wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If it's not realeasing the boost, wouldn't that be in the blow-off valve and wastegate(s)? I'm not very knowledgeable on turbos, I'm also learning like you, since I grabbed my Shelby.

·
Super Moderator
21,346 Posts
Any 'ck eng/pwr loss' light or MAP (overboost) fault codes? Has someone modified the wastegate or any hoses detached?
The overheating may be cooling system-related and a separate problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah check engine light did came on. I didn't notice any hoses came off. The car just got a new head and head gasket would that be the problem?

·
Part Connoisseur
2,431 Posts
What car do you have? What engine do you have? It would help to diagnose this problem.

·
Super Moderator
31,978 Posts

·
Part Connoisseur
2,431 Posts
On this particular model the blow off valve is integral to the airbox and you will not really hear it when you shift gears. Also if you have an automatic, it'll really be difficult to hear it since the throttle blade doesn't close as often on a manual car.

As far as the overheating, when was the last time the cooling system was serviced?

·
Super Moderator
31,978 Posts
You can tell from the boost gauge if it spools down. It sounds like it continues to read high. Could be a clogged or loose vacuum line, per the link I posted.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Also check the rod on the wastgate that goes to the can, sometimes the clip goes missing and it falls off or it gets rusty and breaks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts