Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first i want to say i have been browsing this site regularly for several years now. Since i bought my wife an 07 pacifica with the 4.0. We love it and the engine and trannie combo is a beast. Since i am now an official member and can post, i want to express my belated sorrows for the loss of mopar norm a few years ago :(.

Now back on topic. I have a 2012 ram 1500 hemi crew cab express. After 5 minutes of driving at highway speeds, the red lightning bolt flashes on for a moment and goes off. About 1 to 2 seconds later the esc light goes on and stays until i stop the vehicle and turn it off. Upon restarting the esc light is off.

I recently pulled the dash and replaced my evaporator. I dont know if this is coincidence or not. I did the evaporator replace myself after the dealer told me it would cost $1300 to replace. Im hoping i dont regret the decision i made to diy the evaporator replace. :(

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Even if the light goes out, you should still have fault codes stored in the PCM. Read the 'P' fault codes and write them down.
You may be able to get the codes to show up in the odometer display with the key-dance or cluster self-test.
Something to do with the electronic throttle body?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to Allpar. Even if the light goes out, you should still have fault codes stored in the PCM. Read the 'P' fault codes and write them down.
You may be able to get the codes to show up in the odometer display with the key-dance or cluster self-test.
Something to do with the electronic throttle body?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to o reily. There were no codes to read. Everything was fine according to them. Im assuming theres some issue with the throttle body. Clean it, replace it, or replace sensor?

·
Super Moderator
37,264 Posts
You may have codes stored that their code reader can’t read. If the code isn’t an OBDII “P” code, they probably can’t read it (and that’s probably why the check engine light didn’t come on). You may need a dealer to scan it, including the throttle and ESC system, to find the problem.

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
Electronic throttle bodies (ETC) aren't normally serviced and according to the service manual, shouldn't be cleaned. It may not be the body itself. It could be the APPS (accelerator pedal position sensor) if you were in the dash and this is related to that service.
The throttle blade does a bore 'wipe' at key-on, so carbon build up shouldn't be an issue.
Diagnose first. Start with fault codes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Electronic throttle bodies (ETC) aren't normally serviced and according to the service manual, shouldn't be cleaned. It may not be the body itself. It could be the APPS (accelerator pedal position sensor) if you were in the dash and this is related to that service.
The throttle blade does a bore 'wipe' at key-on, so carbon build up shouldn't be an issue.
Diagnose first. Start with fault codes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, took it to the dealer, said it was the brake pedal switch. He said they are real finicky. I did remove and reposition it, and evidently thats enough to make it act up. So far so good, no issues yet. Hope that trend continues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts