Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 is at just below 97K right now and I need to plan for the 100K big maintenance cost. Those of you who have already gone through this, what was the cost and what was included in YOUR 100K maintenance? I need to do this to keep the car under warranty for another 25K.

I understand that the following items are a must:

Timing Belt
Transmission Filter Change/Fluid Flush
Water Pump

What else?

Also, sadly, it looks like I'll be shelling out funds to replace yet another wheel bearing, too.

I'm beginning to get very eager to get out of this car and into something else ASAP. But, that's going to have to wait at least until after the first of the year and my next tax refund. So, until then, I'm having to bite the bullet and do what I can between now and then.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
From what I've seen here, the timing belt and water pump (done at the same time along with the idler and tensioner) will run $800 or so (give or take a bit). On the extreme ends, I've seen people pay $1100 down to around $650.

If you do it yourself (very tedious) you can purchase the timing belt replacement kit (which includes belt, water pump tensioner, idler) can be purchased for around $105.

Not sure of transmission service, but I would imagine no more than $100.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to reply. :glare:

It just so happens that I finally was able to get by Carmax yesterday afternoon for an estimate. The timing belt, water pump, and tensioner, etc. was quoted at $839.

Although I've done this type of work on previous cars, I no longer have a place where I can do it without having to consider the weather. And, since it's something that has to be done to keep it under warranty, it's, in my opinion, better to let the pros do it.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
If you don't have a place to stay out of the weather, than I would definitely take it to have the timing belt done. Your price sounds reasonable, and the warranty is important as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts