Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at an 85 Lebaron convertible Mark Cross edition. I was told that it does not have EVA ( all original) but since it’s a Mark Cross, is it possible that it’s just disabled? Secondly, odometer only displays - - - - -. I called around and apparently it’s not fixable. Any suggestions? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,709 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. The later EVAs had an on/off switch, but I think that the EVA was also an option. However, I would think that a Mark Cross edition would come loaded. The EVA module should be mounted above the glovebox.

The odometer chip was plugged into an IC socket on the early cars. It was soldered in on the later ones.
I changed the odometer chip on some of these. The replacement chip would display an asterisk (*) by the mileage display, indicating that it had been replaced.

I don't know if United Radio still services electronic instrument clusters this old, but it wouldn't hurt to ask:

You may want to find the 3 volume service manual set for this car.

Brown Black Font Paper Publication

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,709 Posts
If it has the EVA, it will look like this with its mounting bracket (otherwise it has only the chimes):
Wood Gas Machine Font Metal

The switch to turn it on or off is shown in relationship to the 2 connectors:
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Microcontroller Resistor

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
My 1985 Mark Cross convertible did not (thankfully) have the EVA. The odometer issue tells me you have the same Tokyo by night instruments I had in mine. Unfortunately, I just sold the last K & E body digital cluster I had, one with a tachometer module. If you remove the cluster and look in the opening on the back, in the center of the opening you should be able to see the mileage chip. If it plugs in, I may have a good one from a G body cluster that will at least give you a working odometer. Here is a picture of a plug in mileage chip:
Circuit component Font Audio equipment Hardware programmer Electronic device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts