Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a Mopar EVS Remote Module #4636155 I am installing and I was hoping if any of you had any experience dealing with these....

Now to start off the Seller simply provided me a remote module along with the car though I am a bit confused to where to install it and if there is an alarm module separate.

It has stickers on the window saying it is already protected with an EVS system as well as the horn in the engine bay but I am not too sure how to check if I have it along with the remote keyless entry system. Here are some pictures for reference

Imgur (at https://imgur.com/a/VednjDj )

And for the last question I have seen a Light Switch housing that has the theft alarm part to it and I am curious, is it simply a light that flashes on when armed? Mine doesn't have the part to it so would it be mainly for cosmetic purposes? Here is the light switch in question.

Imgur (at https://imgur.com/a/8GLLD2k )

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
The EVS was a dealer-installed Mopar accessory. It was not the embedded factory-installed security system which would use that light switch 'Theft Alarm' indicator.
They were installed at the steering column and tied into the ignition switch harness there. Take a look and see if the harness and antenna is already there for you?
You will need the RKE transmitters. The EVS 1 was the earlier version followed by the later EVS II. The following instructions were printed in 1998 and may be what you have? I could not find an earlier version.:
http://starparts.chrysler.com/info/default/k6859319.pdf

·
Registered
938 Posts
Could it be that all the wiring is there, and that is the EVS module that needs to be plugged in? I think I have both an EVS I and EVS II with no wiring or RKE transmitters.

·
Super Moderator
37,232 Posts
Generally the EVS modules support multiple vehicles, but a vehicle specific wiring kit is needed for installation.

·
Super Moderator
37,232 Posts
Are you sure this EVS unit is compatible with your car? I wonder because most 1991 part numbers start with 444 and this starts with 463 meaning it is a later part.
If you had the installation kit for your car (assuming this box really fits it) the wiring would have a small red LED to indicate the system is armed.
You really need to find an old early 1990's accessories catalog to see if this fits and get the wiring part number. If your car had the EVS harness installed, it would not start with the module removed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly I am not so sure, I do know that for a keyless module (What I am mostly concerned with) is #4469340. Last time I checked there was already wiring ziptied up under the steering column, I will take off again soon and upload pictures as I am sure thats the wiring to it. I was just wondering since I have the EVS stickers and the Horn in the engine bay and the bare plateless security control on the underside of the dash and a VIN decoder only tells you so much.

For now I can't test much since my Digital Dash is in for repairs and I have yet to buy a battery for her, once I do I'll tell you all the results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just realized I haven't responded to this in a while...

Make a long story short don't bother with the system, I've seen bad stories online ranging from alarm stuck to disconnecting battery kills ignition etc. My experience however was poor and I have not attempted again due to my key fobs not being the EVS version and my difficulty in finding the green wire/pairing, basically I had it plugged in as I drove down to my local circle K to get a cup of coffee, decided to pull the door handle so I can disengage the alarm with the key as it should (Or so I think) but no it kept ringing while I drove off, stopped for a brief moment and continued, I had to pull over and pull the under dash off to disconnect the dammed thing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts