Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Reuters "The accord will allow the two companies to exchange views, while leaving them free to vote as they choose and not carrying any obligation to coordinate their actions as Stellantis shareholders, they said."

I guess we will soon see what they want to cooperate on.

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
Maybe it is me, but I just see this as a way to drain money from Stellantis to the families by hiring the families as "consultants".

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
Consult on what? Lol
Many companies hire "consultants" to help steer the direction of the company, especially when markets are undergoing massive change. Well, the auto industry is undergoing massive change with electrification. Stellantis is undergoing massive change with platform sharing and, finally, true brand directions.

If this is the case, then it is a shell game to extract money from Stellantis. The Agnelli and Peugeot families have no expertise with regard to electrification in the auto industry.

The only other reason for such consultation may be to discuss additional mergers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
According to Reuters "The accord will allow the two companies to exchange views, while leaving them free to vote as they choose and not carrying any obligation to coordinate their actions as Stellantis shareholders, they said."

I guess we will soon see what they want to cooperate on.

The Peugeot family has no power in Stellantis which is controlled in everything and for everything by Exor and Elkann.
I am therefore particularly surprised by this information.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Everyone here seems to have forgotten their recent history. Stellantis was formed to make money for the Agnelli's and the Peugeot Families, period. All else is secondary to that. Unfortunately for us there is no Chrysler heir with a stake in the enterprise. Chrysler and Dodge will live or die at the discretion of people who don't care a lot.

·
Jeepaholic
5,896 Posts
Consult on what? Lol
They'll have meetings about meetings. And maybe some more meetings to discuss future meetings. Maybe an exploratory committee or two as well. But they'll have to have a meeting to discuss that, so for now that's tabled...until the next meeting.

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
They'll have meetings about meetings. And maybe some more meetings to discuss future meetings. Maybe an exploratory committee or two as well. But they'll have to have a meeting to discuss that, so for now that's tabled...until the next meeting.
The might decide to invest in a machine that goes "bing"

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Maybe it is me, but I just see this as a way to drain money from Stellantis to the families by hiring the families as "consultants".
Well, this is apropos of nothing. The article is about the two organizations holding consultations between the two, not getting paid by Stellantis to be consultants.

Reactions: David S and jorisr
1 - 9 of 9 Posts