Allpar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
The junk about the V10 at the end is simply that...

None of this is really that revealing. We have known for some time that there is a lot more to come.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
A couple of years from now means, it will debut with the 2015 refresh.. Not a bad thing if the initial ACR plan of Challenger was implemented thoroughly and with either SRT motors..

·
Registered
246 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Yes, I've gotten around a dozen stories on this. Remember the 6.2 supercharged Hemi we were talking about, a year or two ago?
DaveAdmin said:
Yes, I've gotten around a dozen stories on this. Remember the 6.2 supercharged Hemi we were talking about, a year or two ago?
Yes where is the Hell Cat that was suppose to be a mid 2013 release ?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Oh...

So it was the recent (now out of production) Boss302/Boss302LS that started the whole track ready thing.

I guess we can forget about all those Neon ACR's, NSRT4's, and Viper ACR's. He even mentions the Viper ACR a few paragraph's earlier in the article. This guy is a moron. It sounds like somebody trying to meet a word count.

Not so much news.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
dodgeismycar said:
According to autorevolution, com, Ralph has set the debut of the Z/28 fighter for the NY Autoshow 2014.
Interesting reading and will start the rumor mill on the Challengers new look for sure.
Hmmm...

Extrapolating...

The 2013 Viper was shown at the 2012 NYIAS. It was up for sale Q1 2013. The ViperTA was shown at the 2013 NIAS. It will go on sale Q1 2014. The 2014 NYAIS will show the 2015 Challenger. (Oh you know you want to, so let's call it the Challenger T/A.) So, it seems likely that this new Chally T/A will go onsale 2015 Q1.

Also, with the intro of the Viper they said it will go racing (ALMS). With the Dart's intor, it entered GRC. With the new Camaro's dominating the new TA2 in TransAm, Ford is entering the fray with the Mustang for 2013. There is just no way people at SRT aren't chomping at the bit to enter Challengers in the series. RG has talked recently about going racing with the Chally, saying things like, "we are talking to sanctioning bodies about it..."

My swag, is that in 2014, at the NYIAS, along with the intro of the Challenger T/A, we will see an intro of SRT into TransAm, TA2.

http://www.gotransam.com/latest-news/2013/1/2/trans-am-series-puts-the-pony-back-in-the-paddock-for-2013-1.html

toward the bottom of the page: " While the 2013 TA2 class will feature both legendary models, the Trans Am Series is not looking to stop there. Plans are in motion to bring the Dodge Challenger to the mix in 2014. "

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Muther said:
Oh...

So it was the recent (now out of production) Boss302/Boss302LS that started the whole track ready thing.

I guess we can forget about all those Neon ACR's, NSRT4's, and Viper ACR's. He even mentions the Viper ACR a few paragraph's earlier in the article. This guy is a moron. It sounds like somebody trying to meet a word count.

Not so much news.
IMHO I wouldnt really attribute it to the Boss you can look at cars like the Porsche 911 GT3, Aeriol Atom, Lotus Exige, ect.... I think the Boss was just the first to bring it down to a more "affordable" level so to speak.

·
Registered
382 Posts
kdaviper said:
We still have LA, don't we? or has it already passed?
LA is in November I think...I wouldn't hold my breath for the Hellcat to appear there. It MIGHT get some kind of "official" Car Show view next spring...but I wouldn't hold my breath

·
Registered
221 Posts
Muther said:
doesn't the Neon ACR predate all of them?
With the Neon's it was actually called the Competition Package and ACR was the order code. The first real ACR as far as it being used in marketing and badging on the car would have been the Viper in '99 IIRC.

·
Registered
62 Posts
guyver[this word has been banned due to its use as a pointless flame tool said:
y]ACR Challenger? Yes please!
maybe motor trend should pursue this ACR,then RG might have it ready in 2 months,lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts